United States International University - Africa is located in the Kasarani area, off Thika Road in the suburb of Kenya’s capital city of Nairobi. The university is an independent, not-for-profit institution serving 6512 students representing 69 nationalities. It offers 24 degree programs from undergraduate to doctoral level, all of which are accredi...
Read more about this company
Senior Creative Graphic Designer
In line with our commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit suitable and qualified candidates for the following position:
- Responsible for all university wide design elements including defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics.
- Presenting concept visualization through sketches, drawings and illustrations to communicate the right message.
- Develop communication for use across various platforms including traditional and social media for both internal and external audiences.
- Creating visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner.
- Creative direction for thematic and tactical campaigns as well as ad-hoc events.
- Overseeing design changes and improvements throughout the development process.
- Integrating technical and visual solutions into a design concept.
- Understanding trends within the scope of the industry.
- Familiarity and use of graphic design and other relevant software.
- Manage projects in a timely fashion with multiple deliverables for projects on competing timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or any other related field with a bias in creative graphic design from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in graphic design in a busy environment.
- A strong working experience of user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process.
- A working experience in developing integrated digital marketing strategies.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair
- Ability to decipher briefs into design and set themes and tones of visual communication
- Strong portfolio
- Ability to meet tight deadlines – demonstrate quick turnaround time
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas
- Copy writing skills
- Team player who is open to feedback
- Familiarity with design software and technologies
- Managing stakeholders and their varying needs
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Method of Application
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CV, copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 5.00pm, Friday, December 3, 2021.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collect any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: [email protected]
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.