In this role, you report to the Team lead Programme Quality (MEL) and you are part of our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning circle. You work closely with the 20 colleagues from the Programmes team, based in the Netherlands, Asia and Africa.
Your role at Simavi
As a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Advisor you manage multi-stakeholder relationships and promote and implement high quality monitoring, evaluation and learning within the organisation and in programmes. One of your main tasks is to coordinate the MEL team of a multi-partner and multi-country WASH programme.
You provide MEL input and expertise in proposal development processes for (multi-country and multi-partner) programmes, ensuring proper integration of Simavi’s MEL expertise. Amongst others, you make sure new and existing programme Theories of Change (ToC) are in line with the Simavi ToC and that programme MEL frameworks contribute to the Simavi indicators and validation of the ToC.
You lead organisational MEL trajectories and profile Simavi as an expert on MEL within the sector. You ensure continuous learning and improvement on MEL within Simavi and stay up to date with the latest developments and learning in the sector.
Your result areas
- Coordinate and the MEL team of a multi-country and multi-partner alliance
- Lead organisational trajectories, ensuring continuous learning and improvement in line with Simavi’s new strategic direction and to ensure Simavi stays a front runner in its work on MEL
- Contribute to programme development, ensuring proposals are in line with Simavi’s ToC and guiding principles, evidence-informed, impact-oriented and have a strong knowledge management and learning component
- Coordinate MEL within complex programmes and alliances and ensure a high quality of MEL interventions, a strong ToC, indicator framework and a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan
- Ensure good quality data is collected, actively used and published, promote the use of new technology and safeguard ethical standards / considerations within data collection
- Collaborate with, support and / or coach MEL colleagues abroad and foster sharing and learning between Simavi and (MEL staff at) partner organisations
- Support the roll-out and use of Project Connect and IATI within the organisation and coordinate bi-annual input of programme data
- Profile, expand and safeguard Simavi’s MEL expertise and build a network of knowledge and research institutes, and other relevant organisations and individuals
What you bring
- You have an academic level of education (Master degree)
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience in a comparable position, of which at least 4 years coordinating international multi-partner (MEL) teams
- Experience with designing robust evaluations, strong data-analysis skills and familiar with the use of STATA and other data analysis software
- Knowledge of and interest in working with Project Connect and other MEL related software, and the development of mobile tools
- Knowledge of and experience with leading ToC development, impact-driven and evidence-oriented programming
- Specific expertise in knowledge management and learning and/or a vision on and experience with implementing ‘shift the power’ within MEL processes
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English within a multicultural context