This role is within the application development and support section of the ICT organisation but specifically focusing on software applications design, development, build, release, deployment, configuration and operations support activities to digital platforms in production.
2. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deployment and Release management
- Leads deployment and release planning for solutions in the delivery pipeline.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- verifies the functionality of components and services and ensures deployment meets customer and business expectations.
- Testing and quality assurance of release candidate software
- Manages entire software release process, updating documentation and assembling release notes
Digital Applications Support
- Managing support ecosystem of digital applications, including close engagement with business and vendors to guarantee post-release application stability.
- Plans and performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks.
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Monitors digital applications for platform security and health using automated toolsets.
Design, Development and Testing
- Design and development of solutions to fix bugs and new feature requests for digital applications.
- Perform automated and manual testing of applications
Digital Infrastructure administration
- Design, setup, and maintain core infrastructures that run the business’s online platforms.
- Design and build automation frameworks for testing, deployment, management, and monitoring of digital business services and platform
- Maintain the business’s configuration and deployment tools on Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Producing documentation for digital infrastructure and automated processes.
DevOps Engineering Thought Leadership
- Leverage your DevOps skills and knowledge combined with research to bring to the fore innovative DevOps practices
- Scale DevOps practice to the rest of IT delivery practices using automated tools, processes and people.
- Demonstrate practical improvements in software delivery in terms of developer productivity, speed and quality through the use of DevOps
3. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- Experience working with relational databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relation databases
- 1+ years of strong and demonstrated experience in design and implementation of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with either Azure cloud or AWS
- Experience in microservice architecture patterns and deployment of such solutions to cloud.
- Proficiency in version control, specifically in Git and Git workflows
- Experience with software test automation tools such as selenium will be an added advantage.
- 2+ years of strong and demonstrated experience in solution architecture design for web and mobile based solutions.
Skills and Competences
- Team results. Sets clear and challenging objectives, inspiring and encouraging high performance in their teams and individuals. Reviews progress achieved regularly, publicly and privately recognizing achievement by others Able to strike balance between all stakeholders: e.g. ICT, technology vendors and business needs
- Innovation. Thinks of and/or encourages new ideas, and is keen to experiment and see ideas implemented. Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a willingness to contribute to the organization’s knowledge base and team development. Familiarity with technology innovation cycle
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams and resources; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Tech savvy – Keen interest in technology trends and development and ability to integrate these technologies to business needs and objectives. In addition, must have the ability to tap knowledge from various potential service providers for the benefit of the business.
- Analytical business understanding – Excellent business analysis and communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Problem Solving – Anticipates, identifies and defines problems. Seeks root causes and implements practical and timely solutions.
- Programming – Competence and specific interest in key programming languages for mobile and internet applications. This includes solid understanding of API development and management, software versioning and automated testing.
- Design tool Knowledge – ability to use multiple tools for design
- Documentation – experience in writing technical and user documentation.
Bachelor of Computer Science (BCoSc) (Required), Bachelor of Software Engineering (BSE) (Required)