The Regional Pricing & Forecasting Leader for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) will support the Commercial & Sales teams in Power Services (PS) with the development & implementation of effective pricing & customer strategies to increase market share and contribution margin.
You will support the region understand customer dynamics & competitor landscape and will be responsible for driving the strategy around pricing and competitive intelligence for outage services, parts, repairs, Performance Services (upgrades), and multi-year Service Agreements (CSAs)
The Regional Pricing Leader will work with Sales, Comm. Ops, Services, and Engineering to understand and apply technological & local market dynamics as they relate to customer specific business models and GE solutions. You will own the pricing strategy creation & implementation for transactional and contractual bids to support the regional teams in market & competitive analysis that help shape commercial offerings and recommendations.
In addition, you will:
- Serve as a pricing expert to the Power Services business and enable effective pricing strategies by working closely with the Global Pricing & Marketing team and Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) Commercial and Services teams to understand customer segmentation, competitive position and target value propositions.
- Lead competitive intelligence & Win/Loss analysis efforts and knowledge sharing to provide the leadership team with market insights used to develop strategy and tactical direction, NPI development and Blueprint efforts.
- Win Rates & Business case: identify root causes for under-performing product segments, and design a business case to recover market share.
- Be the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) pricing delegation of authority (DOA) owner; develop DOA based on targets and establish thresholds for deal approvals, support & enabling a process for Deal Reviews and visibility to management; have approval responsibility on all opportunities as per DOA.
- Lead and manage the process of collecting and analyzing market pricing information, including win/loss data and competitor pricing intelligence.
- Partner with global marketing and product management to understand competitive position, region dynamics and customer value.
- Train the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) commercial and sales teams on pricing and commercial tools, processes and competitive intelligence to ensure consistent pricing processes, tools and analytics across the region to improve market share and contribution margin.
- Evaluate existing pricing behavior and practices through both quantitative and qualitative measures, including the development of pricing metrics and business intelligence
- Drive customer value pricing based on economic modeling resulting in margin and SAS expansion.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in competitor/market intelligence/commercial function
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Power industry
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (eg. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to synthesize marketing and pricing information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results)
- Certified Pricing Professional Designation
- GE Leadership program experience – FMP / CLP / CAS / XLP
- Understanding of market trends, customer business models, power generation markets and GE solutions
- Ability to develop strong and logical business recommendations with limited data
- Ability to perform at both a strategic and tactical level within the business
- Capable of leading multiple projects concurrently
- Understanding of pricing (total life cycle cost / life time value modeling), pricing modeling techniques, economic theory, game theory, and competitive intelligence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills & influencing skills
- Strong modeling & analytical skills
- Customer insight with the confidence to act and influence others at various levels within sales organization
Relocation Assistance Provided: No