Roche Diagnostics in Midrand is seeking a Strategic Program Lead to lead, develop and deliver a pipeline of Strategic Programs within Roche Diagnostics Management Center South Africa (serving sub-Saharan African Markets). The pipeline and the programs within are focused on shaping access to healthcare – understanding and overcoming barriers while developing approaches that transform healthcare delivery and striving towards Universal Health Coverage and the health and wellbeing of all Africans. The pipeline is developed and delivered in line with the broader Healthcare Transformation strategy and objectives and aligned with achieving the medium to long term growth objectives for Management Center South Africa.
Leading the process to understand the broader Healthcare Landscape through the lenses of the patient (and patient journey’s), the healthcare system and data & analytics to support the broader vision of the Head of Healthcare Transformation. This landscape is inclusive of Market Situation /Scope /Opportunity/ Segment or Product Portfolio including:
- Problem & Users needs definition
- Stakeholder analysis
- Mapping & Segmentation
- Force-field analysis (or other techniques like Paper-computer)
- Definition of the “Problem Statement”
- Definition of Impact on Stakeholders.
Innovation and Disruption
- Propose and develop disruptive patient-centric innovation approaches that seek to overcome identified barriers and identified market challenges.
- Lead and coach the Strategic Programs Team to explore new business models and innovative approaches to drive Roche’s strategic portfolios and drive future competitive advantage.
- Identify potential external parties who can participate in innovative approaches to tackle identified challenges within the markets served.
- Support the broader Healthcare Transformation team to understand emerging futures and to identify areas for innovation and disruption.
Road-Mapping and Strategy Development
Lead the road-mapping process and drives the following activities (working in collaboration with SPMs, sRHCs and other parties)
- Analysis of the opportunities
- Outlining of Solutions
- Creating a broad-based strategic roadmap Incl Goal Setting
- Creating a Vision
- Communication of the above outputs to Management/Leadership
- Translate the internal Project Management Standards into actionable Program Management to ensure that all projects, both concurrent and longitudinal, are standardized in their execution and quality.
- Define and maintain a Quality Framework for the SPM team
- Ensure that the Strategic Projects link to broader strategic goals
- Provide Prioritization guidance
- Execute and manage “checks & balances” for all strategic projects
- Ensures that Milestones are SMART
- Provide external measurement of Milestones and drive accountability to deliver
- Synthesize high-level communication to Management and the Leadership team for all Strategic Projects.
- Ensure adequate and timely communication of Strategic Programs to internal stakeholders within the Management Centre and within the Region and the Global Business Areas.
- Ensure strong stakeholder management in a highly matrixed environment
Staff Leadership and Management
- Define staff requirements, resourcing the team by retaining, recruiting, selecting and appointing staff as required, inducting new staff members, monitoring and managing performance and managing staff development.
A full job description will be made available to candidates invited to the interview process.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: NQF 7/8 in a Science related field or similar
- Required Experience: At least 3 years experience in sales, marketing or similar in the medical / healthcare industry. At least 1 year experience in strategic thinking or strategic management is required. A solid understanding of project management principles is required. Experience within an innovation environment will be beneficial.