PSI implements cutting edge programming in Kenya to improve women’s access to vital reproductive health services, WASH, HIV prevention and treatment, NCDs and malaria programming. PSI programs in Kenya are mostly implemented through in-country partners across Kenya. PSI seeks a Subaward Coordinator to help us actively manage and monitor a portfolio of subawards in Kenya and ensure financial and contractual compliance.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Review and process subrecipient financial reports against budgets, including validating expenditures through a sampled review of supporting documentation, identifying internal control weaknesses and disallowed or questioned costs, and preparing financial report review checklists and management letters
- Conduct subaward monitoring site visits, and update risk-based subaward monitoring and capacity building plans, on a regular basis
- Implement subaward management tools, templates, methods; and processes developed by PSI's HQ Grants and Contracts Department
- Collect and file essential subaward documentation (e.g., pre-award assessments, selection & negotiation memos, reports, site visits reports, monitoring plans, financial report review checklists, management letters, important email communications, pre-closeout letters, modifications, etc.)
- Coordinate closely with Program Management and Global Project leads at HQ to confirm documented correlation between subrecipient financial expenditures and subrecipient programmatic reporting
- Liaise with Financial Analysis and Program Management team at HQ to confirm reconciliation of subrecipient actual expenditures compared with advance payments, and clearing of cash balances
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate Degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Business Administration or related file of study
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of subaward management
- Proficiency in Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing accurate and quality work
- Ability to work professionally and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Pro-active and be able to manage his/her time well
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be able to legally work in Kenya.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than February 24th 2021 to email@example.com . Subject: Subaward Coordinator
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.