The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
- The job holder is responsible for effective management of works undertaken on the Authority’s properties; and ensuring the are in good condition and all related costs are kept within the budget.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Management of renovation and maintenance work undertaken by maintenance contractor to ensure facilities are maintained to the required standards.
- Supervise other staff in Works.
- General management of utilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Office Space Planning & optimization
- Housing Allocation
- Utilities Management
- Tenancy & Estate’s Record Management
- Furniture Management & disposal
- Rental reconciliation
- Estates’ Repair & Maintenance
- Preparation and Review of BoQs
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures manuals and set guidelines
- Preparation of reports
- Management of outsourced Services
- Planning the work of subordinates, monitor work performance, appraise/evaluate performance
- Development of Budgets
- Management of allocated funds
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority.
- Provides oversight over physical assets assigned to the section.
- Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes operational decisions.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Predominantly works within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
A degree in Land Economics, Quantity Survey, Engineering or related discipline.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional registration.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Analytical skills
- Resilient and results oriented
- Knowledge of Property Law, Council By-Laws etc.
- Team player
- Leadership skills