Responsible to the Chairperson of Department
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of an Assistant Lecturer
- Teaching, evaluation and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Setting, administering and marking examinations (here and elsewhere)
- Pursuing higher degrees.
- Articulating the Vision and Mission of the University College and the Department.
- Initiating, planning and conducting research.
- Developing teaching and learning materials.
- Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty development plans.
- Organizing and supervising educational activities for undergraduate students.
- Attending and participating in seminars, workshops and conferences in relevant fields.
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula in the Department.
- Participating in Departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient
- Management of the Department and Faculty.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibilities by the Chair of Department
- Applicants should be holders of MSC Nursing.
- Must be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Should have specialization in any of the following areas: Medical/Surgical Nursing; Pediatrics; Critical care Nursing
- Should have at least Three years teaching experience
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
and Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.