We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Principal Apigee Developer, the position holder will be responsible to run day to day micro service development to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery that meets the expectations of the business.
- Development of digital products consumed by various channels.
- Development of microservices using java, spring boot, spring boot security and spring cloud.
- Responsible for designing REST API schema.
- Work with CI/CD tools to automate deployments.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time as agreed upon by the various stakeholders.
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Documentation and coordination efforts to secure application resiliency prior to business continuity event.
- Participate in design, testing and implementation of new products, services and functionalities
- Making use of agile and scrum frameworks in project delivery while making use of tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Provide support during service deployments and support when on-call.
- Participate in audit activities, review and provide data to auditors.
- Development of automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Support capacity planning initiatives and provide application information to capacity planning teams.
- Customize alerting tools based on application specific thresholds.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field as a minimum
- At least 2-year experience in coding in a non-university setting.
- At least 1 year experience of API management experience e.g., Apigee, MuleSoft etc.
- Strong understanding of both JSON, SOAP and development on swagger UI using open API’s
- Experience in securing APIs using Oauth, SAML etc.
- Strong knowledge in API modelling languages and annotations e.g., in Swagger
- Experience in java, java EE, spring, spring MVC, spring cloud, python, Bash
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases i.e., Oracle, MySQL, mongo DB, Cassandra
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing API’s using REST and SOAP
- Experience developing solutions using agile, DevOPs, testing and CI/CD automation tools e.g., Jenkins, SonarQube, Git lab
- Experience in CMS is an added advantage e.g., Drupal
- Strong understanding of end-to-end API and microservices architecture
- Experience in automation tools e.g., Rundeck, ansible etc.
- Good presentation skills
go to method of application »
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Commercial (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Senior Manager-Strategy and International expansion.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >40 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The Commercial Team works with the M-Pesa leadership across our 7 OpCos to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products, and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams, and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities.
Your role will be to support the International expansion business. This will involve building a pipeline of strategic partners for international expansion, managing the sales lifecycle, sourcing relevant reports, and analyzing press releases on market developments and regulatory changes.
You will have interim accountability and responsibility for other members of the implementation team as the international expansion business scales. You will run the business development process, build relationships with strategic partners and act as the initial face on MPA to negotiate commercial terms.
Why this role is tailored for you
An autonomous role that will allow you to define the product roadmap, define pricing and GMT strategy as primary responsibilities and influence buy-in of this strategy at the senior leadership level-you will be the mini CEO.
As the new business manager, during the implementation phase, you will define what the business would look like, find the right partners to collaborate with until the new business scales up.
Key Role Responsibilities
Develop international expansion pipeline
- Conduct market research to understand market trends in selected countries and identify potential strategic partners for international expansion
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Support Senior Management Team in developing MPESA Africa brand positioning
- Craft business development messaging and develop pitch materials
- Help develop the B2B branding
- Lead sales process and manage the product roadmap
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage the partnership development process
- Work closed with leaders across technology and legal to execute international expansion strategy
- Refine international expansion strategy (fine-tune initial definition)
- Support in developing a client service model
- Manage discovery and due diligence process for the target organization
- Assist with drafting business plans, presentations, reference material, and other documents required
- Strategic stakeholders include regulatory bodies, MNO’s (Mobile Network Operators), and mobile money license holders in target countries.
Key commercial client contact for new market post-launch
- Interim accountability and responsibility for other members of implementation team as international expansion business scales
- Be part of the entire lifecycle of the new business
- Primary responsibility to define the product roadmap, define pricing and GTM strategy
- Develop key in-country commercial partnerships
- CVM oversight and idea generatio
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Over 5 years of professional experience in business development, corporate development (Mobile money or Telco experience)
- Newmarket entry experience in the region
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Understanding of financial services/ mobile regulatory environment across Africa and future direction of regulation
- Fluency in a foreign language (French and Portuguese preferred)
We are happy if you have:
- Experience with emerging market consumers, and multicultural sensitivity
- Analytical bent of mind, a structured thinker with strong business acumen
- Results-driven self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.