The Director, Market Access Africa reports to the Senior Vice President (SVP), Global Access and will work closely with the commercial (internal and external (distributors and service provision partners)) teams to execute the global access strategy for Cepheid’s current and future products in the Sub-Saharan African Region. This position will be the field-based expert on social marketing, demand generation and public private partnerships including major pharmaceutical companies working in the region and will coordinate field strategies to maximize market access to Cepheid’s products. Primary responsibilities include supporting the sales force meet their targets; developing relationships with key regional fund managers/directors, pharmaceutical companies and implementing partners; interfacing with key opinion leaders; developing strategies to address other market access barriers and working with customers to successfully launch and implement key public health programs - such as the TB and HIV 90:90:90 targets, and elimination of Hep B & C by 2030. The position may include up to 50% travel.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead regional strategies to expand market access to Cepheid’s products
- Develop and maintain relationships with key organizations including the CDC Africa, African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM), Global Fund regional and in-country teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior MoH key opinion leaders to support market access efforts
- Identify and actualize opportunities to expand market access through distributors and technical working groups
- Identify and establish strategic relationships with large pharmaceutical companies to expand access to Cepheid’s products
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of regional and local funding cycles through donor research, face-to-face meetings, KOL interviews and attendance at public meetings
- Identify, develop and disseminate real program implementation best practices supporting Cepheid products’ value proposition
- Attend regional or national professional society meetings as needed to educate current and potential customers on the value addition of Cepheid products and to gain support for market access through policy in collaboration with the scientific and sales teams
- Work cross-functionally within field sales, regional management, distributors, and marketing to maximize pull-through and leverage available resources
- Provide market feedback to corporate management on customer business trends, competitive updates and industry issues and opportunities
- Serve as a strategic business partner with field sales leadership to establish priorities in regional work plan for the identification of market growth opportunities through frequent communication and quarterly business reviews
- Educate, train and support field sales team on market access issues, including health financing, policy shifts, and program implementation
- Mentor field sales team including distributors to ensure alignment on with the company’s global access strategy
- Participate in regional and national sales meetings as needed
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all compliance trainings
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience.
- Advanced degree in economics, policy and management studies preferred.
- Global Health degree is a plus
- Laboratory experience a plus
Knowledge And Skills
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience increasing access to molecular diagnostic products in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Global Health experience within the molecular diagnostics or related industry
- Strong understanding of healthcare programs implementation in various SSA countries (molecular diagnostic is a plus)
- Willing to act decisively in an uncertain environment
- Must understand how to impact process with key opinion leaders to get molecular diagnostic products adopted and used in national programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in consultative selling situations/markets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Team player
- Highly capable communicator
- At ease speaking in high-level meetings
- Experience in Global Health a plus
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
go to method of application »