About the role
We are looking for a software developer who will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle that include gathering and analysing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application systems. The software developer will participate in design meetings and consult with clients (both internal and external) to build, refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Writing and implementing efficient codes/scripts
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Training users
- Degree in Computer science , IT , programming or related field.
- Professional experience in PostGres, MySQL, React, Pandas, Django, or similar technologies
- Experience with responsive web design, including API and database creation
- Commercial and business awareness and experience
- Hands-on, and with strong execution skills
- Good written and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Passion for innovation, learning and use of technology to change business
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- An independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Organized and with excellent time management skills
go to method of application »
Salix Data as a client to Digital Data Divide leverages its high-quality people and services to have a positive impact on our customers by solving problems and delivering results while staying true to our core values of Service, Achievement, Leadership, Integrity, and Expertise.
SALIX is an award-winning small business that works with some of the largest companies in the world to address key data challenges. Started in 1999 by two brothers, SALIX has grown to have over 2,500 customers and a wide range of technical services that include Business Process Outsourcing, Forensic Collection, E-Discovery Processing, and Cyber Security. SALIX processors are treated as part of the team and are expected to provide insight and innovative ideas to the challenges that our customers are experiencing. The right candidate’s talents will be fully utilized and they will gain real-world experience in working for a growing, entrepreneurial company.
SALIX is a family-owned business headquartered in Cincinnati, with operations in India and Kenya. The average employee has been with SALIX for 8 years and has a mentality that they will fill whatever role that is necessary to meet the customers’ expectations on any given day.
- Data entry
- Ensure that project(s) are delivered on time and within scope.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that associates understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitoring associates’ productivity.
- Maintain timekeeping.
- Pass on information from upper management to associates and vice versa
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Occasionally meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- And any other duties assigned
- Good, Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- A Diploma or degree in a management course (one in Project management is an added advantage)
A successful candidate for this position will be:
- Detail Oriented – achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Positive Attitude – the culture at SALIX is very collaborative and we strive to provide an enjoyable work environment. We look for people that will enhance our culture.
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- Willingness to think proactively and anticipate future needs
- Proven ability to solve complex problems methodically