HACO Industries was established in the early 1970’s as single-product manufacturer. From those modest beginnings, HACO is now one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets.
Read more about this company
- Inventory management (warehousing).
- People management (warehousing, distribution, and Order management).
- Distribution and fleet management.
- Order processing management.
- Achieving business results, Continuous Improvement/ Process mapping and operational efficiency.
- Entrenching corporate culture and governance, Risk management and ethics.
- Budget and budgetary control.
Duties and Responsibilities
Inventory Management and Warehousing
- Monitor and advise the management on the inventory levels and inherent risks.
- Ensure processes and operations are maintained within the approved yearly budget.
- Ensure aligned supply chain (work closely with sales, marketing, production and procurement to ensure optimal FIG covers-No avoidable OOS).
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and delivery of customer orders (internal and external).
- Stock/Cycle Counts – Ensure 100% accuracy of System and physical inventory at all times.
- Formulating cost saving measures.
- Ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
Internal processes, Customer Focus and Operational Efficiency
- Value stream mapping for all the processes to weed out non-value adding and strengthen processes.
- Documentation of all processes and activities to ensure traceability.
- Train the sectional team members on value stream mapping to enable customer centered operations.
- Prompt customer feedback and complaint resolution.
- Fleet Management – effective routing of delivery trucks to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Regular auditing processes to establish gains or/and gaps.
- Support operations with updated Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensuring internal customers are served with speed and accuracy.
Governance, OSH compliance and Risk Management
- Formulate and ensure adherence to inventory policy.
- Formulate operational SOP’s and ensuring compliance.
- Always ensure employees work in a safe working environment; in line with OHSA 2007.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, rules, policies, regulations, and directives.
- Entrench the culture of governance, ethics and upholding of company values.
- Lead self-system auditing.
- Closing out the audit recommendations in time.
People and Culture
- Recruiting the right talent to support business objectives.
- Setting and signing off the performance targets; and supporting the team to achieve desired goals.
- Ensuring that discipline is upheld all the time.
- Entrenching a culture of ownership, responsibility, and safe working.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring.
- In-depth understanding of business processes and principles
- In depth understanding of warehousing and logistics principles
- Organisational and time management Skills
- Exposure to ERP systems (preferably Sage) and excellent MS office proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of relevant Warehousing and Distribution experience at Managerial level in a Distribution/ Logistics environment.
- University degree in any area of supply chain management/ other business degree supplemented with a post graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management.
- Membership to KISM – in good standing.
go to method of application »
We are looking for a highly talented and passionate individual tlead the Marketing and Communications Department.
Specifically, this role is for you if:
You are passionate about building brands.
Can manage and control the consistent and profitable growth of the entire HACportfoliby taking full charge of the HOMECARE, PERSONAL CARE, COSMETICS, AND PLASTICS categories.
Demonstrate the ability tguide the Category long term strategy, champion operational relations/communication with HACbusiness leaders and ensure yearlong plans are developed, implemented, and achieved both in Kenya and in Export markets.
Reporting directly tthe Managing Director and indirectly tthe Board, you will work closely with the other members of the management team tensure optimal use of Marketing resources.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for overall branding and image by effectively managing HACCorporate Communications and Customer Service.
- Evaluating and developing HACmarketing strategies/plans.
- Growth of Brand Equity.
- Creative approach tdeveloping and enhancing consumer value.
- Develop communication objectives and advertising ideas.
- Generate the demand (pull) while the sales function satisfies the supply (Push).
- Brand plan development.
- Brand Communication strategy development (Comstrat)
- Develop brand Blue Prints and Brand Positioning statements across the different brands.
- Allocate budget by category and by market.
- Implement approved marketing plans based on market conditions, strategy and return on investment (ROI).
- Engage in the development of creative briefs and follow up through execution in relation tbrand objectives.
- Development of sound pricing structures that optimise category financials.
- Participate in the Demand Forecasting process tunderstand production lead times as well as raw material shipment lead times.
- Champion new product development strategies aimed at innovation, enhancing quality and service level competitiveness.
- Manage the relationship between HACand key stakeholders such as principals, third party agencies and external customers.
- Develop and communicate HACO’s sustainability agenda.
- Structured engagement with team members tdrive performance.
- Instilling a collaborative culture in the Marketing department tfoster business results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- MBA or relevant post graduate qualifications beneficial but not mandatory
- Member of the Marketing Society of Kenya- In good standing.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Marketing experience and 5 years of experience managing a team and being in a leadership role.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- People Management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention tdetail.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Strategic thinker.
- Up tdate with marketing and brand management trends.
go to method of application »
To champion and manage the operations of the Research and Development function, take a key role in NPD projects (Innovation & Renovation), carry out consumer focused market exploratory research and bench marking activities geared towards cost saving initiatives and gaining a competitive edge in the market.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead and manage the R&D Department.
- Develop New Product Formulas & BOMs.
- Carry out lab scale stability samples and initiate stability test programs for the same.
- Co-ordinate the processing of validation batches of the new product and progressive testing of the same.
- Testing of new raw materials to make sure they are within expected specifications.
- Coordinate the bench marking activities for the HACO brands against competition as to identify opportunities to capitalize on.
- To carry out benchmark tests on quarterly basis involving all our products against competition.
- Carry out consumer focused market exploratory research to establish consumer insights, needs, trends etc.
- Continuous system improvement and process re-engineering.
- Ensuring adherence to standard manufacturing procedures and practices for the new and existing products.
- Explore possibilities of using same or similar material for some specific products or maintain one grade across board in line with the product specifications, material costs and inventory holding levels.
- Train support staff on any new requirements for processing & packaging of the newly introduced products.
- Drive high performance behaviour and tools for alignment, clarity, and focus.
- Develop and drive compliance culture.
- NPD skills enhancement through training.
MINIMUM FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Degree in Analytical, Industrial or Applied Chemistry or Science Laboratory Technology with relevant experience (FMCG) to be considered.
- Further relevant qualification-Production management (Preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- In-depth understanding of business processes and principles.
- In-depth understanding of Product forms, starting materials and their manufacturing process.
- Knowledge on basic product formulation and development process.
- Knowledge on packaging components and their development process.
- Ability to provide an inter-phase between procurement and manufacturing in sourcing of required material and components.
- Understanding of statutory and legislative requirements.
- Understanding of manufacturing, purchasing and logistics principles.
- Project Management Skills.
- Excellent computer skills-strong working knowledge of ERP systems.
MINIMUM YEARS EXPERIENCE IN TECHNICAL/OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a Technical / Operational role in an FMCG preferably a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent team player with unquestionable integrity.
- Dynamic & result oriented.
- Have analytical, interpersonal & strategic leadership skills.
- Coordinating, planning, and organising ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable, assertive, resourceful & focused.
- Negotiating Skills.
- Strong personal values &character.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae to [email protected] to be received not later than 30th July 2021.
All applicants should state their expected remuneration and indicate their contact details.
Haco Industries (K) Limited is an equal opportunity employer and people with disability and the marginalized are encouraged to apply.
Note: Get your CV ready for 2022. Order our 100% professional CV Service.