Reporting to: Head, Human Resources
The ideal candidate will be required to assess and anticipate HR-related needs and have the capacity to proactively communicate and seek to develop integrated solutions together with the respective internal business units and the HR Office. The position formulates partnerships across the society to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the society’s objectives.
He/She will Manage and support all HR operational and professional needs, in the employee life cycle, from engagement needs up to termination. Execute HR initiatives at the local level, support short term changes and be the go-to person for all HR thematic focus areas. The suitable candidate is the designate to the Head of the department and has a supervisory role embedded into their responsibilities.
Scope of the role
- Internal advisor, technical expert, strategic partner on human resources issues
- Responsible for effectively coordinating and implementing human resource programs.
- Interpretation and enforcement of human capital policies and employment regulations
- A member of the management team of the internal client i.e Assigned business unit
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different functions in the organisation
- Support the implementation of Human Resources goals and objectives with Line Management by ensuring that approaches are consistently applied and implemented
- across the society on Issues relating to Employee Management, engagement and relations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance by keeping all HR Processes in full compliance with the legal, regulatory and internal frameworks.
- Monitoring and dissemination of HR Policies, Procedures and Standards and keep abreast and develop global HR policies and practices;
- Work closely with middle- and first-line mangers to drive talent management strategy by talent mapping, follow up emerging talents and Review.
- Provide HR reports and analysis for management decision including Performance, turnover, development, discipline, manpower planning e.t.c.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Facilitate and execute the employment process, onboarding, HR relations, positions changes and termination process.
- Maintain the work structures by supporting the updating of job descriptions for all positions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work outcomes by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors
- Coach Line Managers and Supervisors on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of talent practices i.e. Succession Planning, training and Performance Management in respective teams.
- Provide direction and support in resolving Human Resources and employee relations issues to help foster an effective, productive, progressive employee work environment.
- Facilitate the process of Identifying training needs for departments/business units and individual employee coaching needs.
- Build external relationships with service providers & statutory bodies
- A member of the management team providing Technical, Advisory and Strategic service to Line Management and Staff whilst ensuring consistency and Best HR Practice
- Ability to apply intensive knowledge of specific HR technical areas in a dynamic and engaging work environment with the flexibility and autonomy to organize own work while meeting deadlines and expectations
- Good Knowledge of employment laws in Kenya
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels. Experience in Humanitarian context is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to Influence and interface with senior members of the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Resources discipline preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in an HR generalist, management or business partner role.
- Solid expertise in HR technical proficiencies and core HR competencies with experience in coaching, employee development and driving process improvements and conducting Job Evaluations.
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Certified Member of IHRM or a professional HR Body
(The above statements are intended to describe the general work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job as well as guides to priority performance areas. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, competencies etc required of the position)
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Community Health Coordinator
The Health Information System officer will be responsible for providing leadership for the data management and improving data quality and ensure the same is reported into the County and National HIS while collecting information, to optimize the use of that data for decision-making.
- Coordinate and plan for program activities within a community unit
- Work with community health committee members and ensure active participation of the community in preventive activities
- Contribute to program reporting
- In liaison with community health coordinator supervise mass immunization campaigns, social mobilization and sensitization exercises in response to outbreaks
- Carry out health assessments and provide feedback
- Lead weekly meeting with the CHWs within the respective community unit
- Contribute to the maintenance of a high quality and motivated team of Community Health
- Workers through on the job trainings, coaching, mentoring, performance management and continuous feedback.
- Attend various internal coordination meetings and community forums on behalf of the department, gather and share information, develop and nurture a working relationship with the refugee community and other implementing agencies.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health or Environmental Health.
- Experience in working in a refuge set up or complex emergency situations.
- Experience in implementing the Community Health Strategy approach will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Have insight into various public health issues
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and utilization of the internet.
- Demonstrate ability of proposal/budget making and grant management.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations