The Deal Manager leads and manages the contracting process end-to-end for strategic, complex transactions that meet regional criteria requiring Deal Manager involvement. The Deal Manager sets the overall direction for his/her assigned managed deal(s) and is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Oracle strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Oracle policies and procedures.
The Deal Manager facilitates and co-coordinates discussion amongst Sales and multiple Oracle functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach agreement on contracting terms in order to solve complex contracting scenarios and meet the specific needs of his/her assigned managed deal(s).
The Deal Manager may work in a multi-cultural environment and cover multiple countries and/or lines of business. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle’s quarterly and annual fiscal cycles.
- Work proactively with Sales and functional stakeholders, (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to develop a realistic close plan for his/her assigned managed deal(s) including identifying key milestones, anticipating potential issues and identifying resolutive actions to be taken.
- Provide advice to Sales by identifying applicable Oracle policies as they relate to specific contract terms, relevant for the assigned managed deal(s); advising Sales on the appropriate contract terminology for the deal.
- Articulate to Sales the rationale behind Oracle policy and contract terms to assist them with Customer negotiations. Know when to defer to functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) during Customer negotiations.
- Advise Sales on the appropriate terminology to include in approval requests to ensure that the contract term requests are clear and unambiguous; allowing Oracle approvers to make informed decisions and Deal Specialists to successfully and efficiently draft the final contract.
- Facilitate internal discussions amongst functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach practical business solutions to complex contracting issues, and provide such functional stakeholders with any contract documents necessary to ensure a thorough evaluation of issues.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to the Deal Specialists responsible for drafting the managed deal(s).
- Complete final review of the contract documents prepared by the Deal Specialist to ensure that all contract terms have been appropriately approved by Oracle and the contract reflects all negotiated commitments before releasing the contract to Sales.
- Proactively manage the deal close plan, facilitating involvement and commitment from all parties until the contracting process has concluded.
- Other responsibilities as may be deemed appropriate by Oracle management.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Processes and invoices customer orders in accordance with agreed contracts. Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle's risk.
As a member of Contract Management you will assist customers, both internal and external, with license contract interpretation, negotiations and administration of licensing agreements including extensions, new business, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues and consolidations. Draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts. Act as a liaison between consultants, Credit, License, Tax, Business Practices, Revenue accounting, and customers to resolve contractual and consulting business issues. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle's Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Submit contract order packages to Revenue accounting for order processing and project funding. Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed efficiently. Prepare contract status reports.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills. Organized, detail oriented, and time management skills. Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial, federal, state, and/or local government contracts. Ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines. Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS. Proficient in Email, MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Oracle policies and procedures desired. 5 year experience in contracts, purchasing, or equivalent. BA/BS degree, Paralegal Certification or equivalent years of experience. Prior experience in high tech industry preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
go to method of application »
The Enterprise Architect is the most senior customer-facing architecture role within Oracle and is critical to the relationship between the customer and Oracle. The Enterprise Architect acts as a bridge between the needs of the customer to the solutions and services that Oracle may bring to bear to deliver value to the customer. The Enterprise Architect provides leadership within Oracle across the various lines of business to ensure that Oracle’s value offerings to the customer are feasible, consistent, effective and
- Support account teams in large-scale opportunities
- Support “Inspire” activities in accounts to generate customer interest
- Work in collaboration with local account team and a broad range of other Oracle LoBs
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
- Interact with all roles at customer – including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and business representatives.
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops.
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins.
- Define, develop and evolve architecture standards and principles.
- Provide non-routine and complex statements of work, work breakdown structure and/or level of effort and staff plans.
- Responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation team.
- Leads the architecture and solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated cross-domain business solutions.
- Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption.
- Advise on organizational impact of solutions.
- Play an active role as part of the architecture community.
- Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets from Oracle worldwide.
- Remain aware of all relevant product developments and references – both at Oracle and at competitors.
- Strategic and outcome-based mind-set
- Enterprise Architecture Methods
- Broad cross-functional, cross-domain IT knowledge
- Modern application architectures
- Modern development approaches
- Modern IT architectures
- Facilitation and Problem Solving
- Industry Knowledge
- Modern technology architectures
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or similar IT related fields
- Extensive background as (Lead) Enterprise Architect, CTO or Head of Architecture
- Proven technical expertise in SaaS (e.g. ERP), PaaS, IaaS and Digital Transformation related topics
- Holistic knowledge of cloud solutions and respective use-cases
- Knowledge of Oracle solutions would be ideal, but not a must
- Significant C-level presentation and consultative selling experience
- Flexible to travel across the region
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large‐scale hardware andsoftware systems in real-world situations.
- 10+ years experience relevant to this position.
- Wide knowledge of IT market and trends.
- Knowledge of full Oracle stack (ideally).
- Specific knowledge of Oracle and competitor hardware solutions is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle database and middleware technology is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle applications is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle industry solutions is an advantage.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks like e.g. TOGAF, IAF, DYA and Oracle’s OADP/OEAF.
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, application rationalization, information management, big data, java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications.
- Ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions. In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices.
- Significant C-level presentation experience.
- Flexible to travel across Benelux and when required EMEA region.
- Relevant local language skills are a plus
- Prior team leadership or management experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills