The digitalisation of healthcare has created a direct link between data analytics technology and patients. In this Africa Data Analytics Internship programme, you can explore different corners of the field – maybe even surprising yourself with new interests – while making a difference to people’s lives.
Your passion can make an impact.
Our programme is for early-in-career talents that provides an entry gate into a company with global impact. The following bullets provide information about the structure of the programme, what’s in it for you and what we expect from you as an applicant.
- Duration: 12 months
- Position based in Roche affiliates across Africa (Morocco, Tunisia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa).
- Opportunities to work with different stakeholders on various projects in the healthcare field, ranging from DNA sequence analysis, market insight generation, digital solution buildup, etc.
What you can expect
- Real work experience and project responsibilities – we encourage ownership and entrepreneurship.
- Professional and personal development – including mentoring and coaching by commercial leaders and data science experts.
- Enhanced knowledge of the Roche Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics business and its product portfolio
- Exposure to IT core processes as well as our Pharma and/or Diagnostics R&D, Commercial and Corporate Functions business
- Global experience and cross-cultural understanding
- Extensive global people network
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence their own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to accelerate your career by taking on assignments across different functions and geographies. You are someone who is enthusiastically looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the healthcare industry.
As an ideal candidate, you fulfil all of the requirements below:
- You have an excellent academic background (4th grade BS/MS/Phd) and recently graduated with a strong focus on information technology/quantitative fields.
- Data analysis capabilities: ability to discover data analytics questions from commercial scenarios, as well as conduct basic data analysis.
- Data engineering skills: familiar with data manipulation tools, database management, and data visualization. Experienced in software tools such as Tableau, Data Studio, SQL, etc.
- Data science knowledge: hands-on experience of mathematical modeling/ statistical analysis/ machine learning. Programming skills (Python, R).
- Excellent communication and effective problem-solving skills, track record in serving a variety of diverse customers and projects
- A quick learner and passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge
- Keen on expanding your experience and leveraging data analytics methodologies in a world leading pharmaceutical company.
- Fluent in English; an additional language would be an asset
Certain experience will be considered as a plus and will enable placement in particular projects:
- Business administration capabilities, such as business demand analysis, project management, etc.
- Biomedical knowledge, such as genomic science.
go to method of application »
Roche Diagnostics in Midrand is seeking a Credit Controller to process customer accounts receivables on a daily and monthly basis to ensure timeous payment of statements in line with credit limits and credit terms.
This position is a maternity cover for 6 months.
The role will entail:
- Following up on outstanding accounts and carrying out reconciliation of debtors accounts.
- Assessing credit worthiness of customers using external information available from relevant sources and reviewing credit limits and payment terms granted on a periodic basis and making recommendations to management.
- Checking bank statements daily and allocating monies to relevant debtors’ accounts.
- Booking credit notes on the system in accordance with SOPs.
- Liaising with the outsourced (UTI) debtors team to address queries and complete reconciliations for accounts managed by them.
- Produce and review age analysis reports and follow up with debtors for payment
- Providing debtors account information for external auditors.
- Providing daily confirmation of foreign receipts to CITI Bank for SARB reporting.
- Addressing customer queries with internal customers.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- National Diploma in Financial Accounting or Bookkeeping or related (NQF level 6 and upwards) / ideally studying towards a BCom or related qualification (NQF 7).
- At least 3 years accounts receivable control / financial accounting experience.
- At least 1 year experience with export related credit control.
go to method of application »
As an IWS D&I Talent Marketing Partner, you have a passion for D&I with expertise in Multicultural Talent Branding and Marketing. You will be a member of a US based team, and work throughout the Roche/Genentech network to implement a regional D&I Talent Branding and Marketing Strategy to become the employer of choice for diverse talent in a competitive market and in support of Roche’s 10-year ambitions.
- Build brand awareness with external Black, Hispanic/LatinX and Asian communities via multicultural talent branding and marketing
- Activate the business to connect with, advocate for and be accountable for building out their POC-diverse internal and external communities
- Incentivize and measure outcomes through programmatic experiments and changes such as monetary rewards (employee referral program)
- Establish, cultivate and drive partnerships with outside organizations (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, external conferences) to ensure alignment and help position us as the employer of choice for POC-diverse talent
- Cultivate connections with internal and external Black, Hispanic/LatinX and Asian Director and Global Executive communities–and make introductions to leaders
- Develop and execute engagement strategy to establish us as the employer of choice
REPORT THIS AD
REPORT THIS AD
Working with other D&I IWS Experts, collectively you will provide expertise and partnership to support the 2025 D&I Representation goal, D&I Officer Succession Plans and D&I Action plans, thus enabling lasting changes aligned with Genentech’s and Roche’s vision, purpose, values and 10 Year Ambitions.
- Provide thought leadership and expert consulting on multicultural talent branding marketing, pipelining, sourcing, and recruiting of Black, Hispanic/LatinX and Asian talent from Early in Career through Global Executives
- Deliver strategic outcomes; manage dependencies and help remove obstacles that stand between commitments/goals and business success
- Create momentum in the organization for D&I, amplifying existing commitments to create an environment where all employees feel they belong
- Conduct meaningful and courageous business and leadership conversations earning you the trust of leaders
- Identify and implement pragmatic approaches to embed appropriate mindsets and behaviors, thus reinforcing Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging as a core element of Genentech and Roche culture
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders to establish D&I talent strategies, measurable D&I objectives and goals; create processes for holding leaders accountable through KPIs and metrics
- Design and implement Genentech’s/Roche’s external talent strategy for D&I presence and influence.
- Participate and contribute to the relevant IWS Areas of Practice; serve as a strategic thought partner
- Coach and mentor IWS colleagues to build D&I capability in the chapter