Want to get a job fast?
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research - (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platfor...
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Read more about this company
Vacancy No: CGHR/121/01/20
Project description: The Spatial Repellent (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s).
Location: Busia County
Reports to: QA Officer
Diploma in Nursing, Clinical Medicine or Medical Laboratory At least two (2) year working experience in performing QA/QC in a busy clinical trial Have a good working knowledge of GCP requirements for clinical trials. Should have experience working with MS suite (MS Word, Excel and Power point) Licensed motorcycle rider is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili- both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well individually, in a team, with the public and to collaborate with counterparts.
- Specialized training in research ethics.
- Attention to detail and systematic approach to their work.
- Previous experience preparing study documents such as SOPs and CRFs
- Proven leadership skills, assertiveness, and ability to take initiative and work in study sites
Position Description: The Quality Control Officers will report to the QA Officer and will be responsible for ensuring that the data collection and filling work (both paper and electronic) is conducted as per the SR study protocol and GCP standards. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity. His/her functions shall not be limited to the following;
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitor study team compliance with required study procedures and GCP standards.
- Assess and ensure subject safety throughout participation in trial.
- Assist in monitoring and documenting adverse events.
- Ensure that the chain of custody of the Study ICF and samples are well maintained.
- Review all participant files for accuracy and ensure specific visit on CRF are completed as per GCP standards.
- Perform QC review of all microscopy result forms.
- Assist component leads to resolve QC queries and record discrepancies identified during reviews.
- Accurately and timely report the problems requiring action from the study component lead, Regulatory Officer and the PI.
- Ensure that the ICF is complete and according to GCP standards.
- Performing quality control checks on source documents.
- Writing and reviewing of study Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developing of study source documents
- Any other duties assigned by the Regulatory Officer.
Terms of Employment:
Six (6) Months contract as per KEMRI scheme of service with a possibility of extension.
Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The Salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
go to method of application »
Project description: The Spatial repellent (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s).
Reports to: Data Manager
The incumbent will be responsible for performing various data management, data entry, cleaning and validation, processing and analysis functions in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Diploma in Statistics or Computer Science
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in data management (data entry, cleaning and validation) preferably within a Clinical research set-up
- Experience in managing and ensuring data quality
- Have a good working knowledge of GCP requirements for clinical trials
- Excellent working knowledge of statistical packages/programs (preferably R or STATA) and statistical analyses.
- Experience with electronic data collection tools (CommCare, REDcap, ODK, etc.).
- Knowledge of database languages, such as SQL or visual basic.
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Must have good writing, organizational & communication skills
- Good judgment in problem solving
- Attention to detail and good work ethics
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines
- Flexible and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ensure timely data entry of completed and verified laboratory microscopy CRFs
- Perform source data verification, validation and discrepancy management
- Collate, query and clean data coming in from the field sites including flagging out inconsistencies and/or errors arising thereof as part of routine data checks
- Provide timely feedback on identified SR component-specific data quality gaps
- Completion of data clarification forms
- Ensure all study paper forms are completed as per GCP standards with all relevant documentation
- Storage of consent forms including all paper based CRFs from field sites in Busia according to the SOP’s.
- Supervise movement of data sheets and data files between the study clinics and KEMRI Alupe study office.
- Provide feedback on data submission processes to ensure processes are streamlined and required information is being submitted per set timeframes.
- Ensure that data security measures are adhered to
- Documentation including both physical and electronic filing.
- Assure data quality is maintained throughout.
- Troubleshoot and solve common electronic data capture system problems.
- Any other duties assigned by the Data Manager.
Terms of Employment
This contract is for one (1) year renewable as per KEMRI schemes of service.
Probation period is for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Method of Application
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate vacancy Number)
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than February 24, 2020
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love