Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, the Partner, Compensation and Benefits will provide subject matter expertise to support the build of a best in class compensation and benefits program. You will be responsible for supporting the researching and design of Canadian and African compensation and benefits policies and processes. You are passionate about creating, managing and implementing compensation and benefits programs.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels throughout the Foundation.
- Support the design, implantation and management of compensation and benefits program.
- Prepares relevant reports and updates as required by the Head of Total Rewards and Performance Management or the business.
- Support the education of management and staff on compensation and benefits matters.
- Provides maintenance and ongoing administration of the job grading system as required.
- Supports the implementation of the pay ranges and pay structure administrative guidelines.
- Responsible for gathering industry compensation and benefit comparisons.
- Responsible for processing/monitoring employee benefits costs.
- Build and manage relationships with compensation and benefits vendors.
- Responsible for conducting benefits reviews when required.
- Support the management of benefit enrollment and orientation sessions for new hires/assignees.
- Support the annual compensation review exercise.
- Make recommendations for off cycle compensation changes, promotions, one-off payments for approval.
- Support all HRIS compensation data entry and date integrity as required while completing customized reports as requested.
- Support communication and implementation of all compensation and benefits policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the benchmarking of compensation and benefits elements and practices in Toronto as required.
go to method of application »
The Program Partner, MSME will work with Program Leads and Partners to provide technical expertise in the development of programs and interventions, help partners build a shared understanding of key issues and opportunities related to growing MSME employment in the country, and contributes to the Foundation’s learning agenda.
Reporting to the Program Lead, MSME, the Program Partner will work collaboratively with colleagues within the country team to support a portfolio of existing programs and partnerships that promote financial inclusion, support MSMEs and the MSME ecosystem. They will interact effectively with program directors and managers of partner organizations to design, implement, monitor and review programs that involve enterprise development and growth, business development services, fin-tech solutions and incorporate appropriate MSME support services into the Foundation’s programs in the country.
WHO YOU ARE
- Preferably Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business and Development Economics
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in business development support, financing and non-financial support to MSMEs or new enterprises is highly preferred. This should include experience in the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in project design and management with focus on enterprise development and MSME support.
- Good understanding of MSME segments (from early stage startups to growth-stage SMEs) in Africa and the systemic challenges constraining their growth, with a particularly understanding of the Uganda context.
- Solid expertise and ability in designing and managing relevant and appropriate fin-tech solutions for MSMEs in various sectors and various stages of development.
- Experience working on MSME support programs in Uganda and knowledge of Ugandan and East African social, economic, regulatory, business and political contexts.
- Strong ability to capture, synthesize and communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues, partners and the wider network of practitioners.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Proactive, engaged, a self-starter, flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- Support and contribute to conducting due diligence of potential partners and projects, reviewing project design and appropriate documentation, reporting and data collection as well as budget reviews.
- Identify challenges and opportunities facing MSMEs, including those in the Agricultural, Construction/Housing, Tourism/Hospitality and Manufacturing sectors that can be unlocked through skilling, labour and financial systems to create work opportunities.
- Support partners to strengthen their MSME support system in their effort to identify barriers and co-design solutions.
- Support review of programs to distill insights and promote quality of program implementation.
- Strengthen the integration and co-implementation of interventions that involve direct or indirect support to MSME growth and development in the country portfolio.
- Provide perspective and expertise on emerging issues and trends in youth employment, MSME sector and entrepreneurship growth in Uganda and the region.
- Design fin-tech solutions and relevant digitization initiatives to support MSME grow and build resilience by addressing the barriers in the ecosystem including access to market and capital.
- Build relationships with like minded organizations, communities of practice, and global stakeholders to expand knowledge and contribute to the dialogue on MSME.
- Identify and overcome barriers to team effectiveness by sharing knowledge and learnings while offering insights and possible solutions to issues and/or program challenges.
go to method of application »
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you have passion for the youth and are ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Program Partner will be the member of the Foundation country team and works collaboratively with team members to support the implementation of programs and their interlinkages. This individual will be expected to interact effectively with partner organizations to advance the current work of the Foundation.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work closely with cross functional team members (Finance, Impact and other functions) to deliver end to end Program Management oversite, specifically:
- Lead program management throughout the program life cycle
- Define the program governance (controls)
- Plan the overall program and monitoring the progress
- Manage the program’s budget
- Manage risks and issues and taking corrective measurements
- Manage stakeholders’ communication
- Manage the main program documentation thru the life cycle of the program
- Monitor for synthesize and share knowledge and learnings
- Overall, provide clear, concise, and insightful written analyses and recommendations regards the progress of the program deliverables for Foundation senior staff consideration
- Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external audiences as per Foundation guidelines
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the Development and Programs space
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
- Demonstrates experience in providing technical and other support to project managers and implementers for effective program delivery.
- Excellent project management skills for multi-stakeholder projects including; monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively synthesize information to reach diverse audiences and build consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.