The individual will work closely with the Global Counter Fraud Director to ensure the continued development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture in the region, specifically:
- Support the Global Counter Fraud Director in developing a proactive approach to fraud prevention and detection through data analytics;
- Staying alert to emerging fraud trends in the sector and adapting analytical routines to address the new risks; and
- Be responsible for producing fraud ‘heat maps’ as and when necessary to support the information requirements of the Global Counter Fraud Director, SCI SLT and other stakeholders.
Supporting the Regional Fraud Lead in the coordination of fraud management administration and communication in the East and Southern Africa (ESA), including:
- Support in stakeholder communications relating to fraud incident reports and investigation updates;
- Support with case management and record updates and uploads to the case management system, Datix; and
- Support in the planning and coordination of logistics for fraud trainings sessions conducted by the Regional Fraud lead and other members of the global fraud team (face-to-face awareness training, investigation trainings, Fraud Focal point trainings etc.)
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree / formal qualification in a relevant field; and
- Has relevant experience (audit/risk/investigatory) applicable to the role with knowledge of common analytical tools such as CaseWare IDEA, ACL, etc.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments from both structured (financial systems) and unstructured data (conversations, investigation reports, complaints etc.);
- A proven experience in using data analytics tools in an audit/risk/investigatory setting to identify and address red flags;
- Awareness of global standards and legislation around fraud and corruption;
- Substantial experience in forensic investigation with thorough knowledge and/or experience in audit.
- Aware of current best practices in investigation techniques;
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to clearly and confidently articulate and present findings with impact;
- Strong negotiating skills to influence all levels of staff, showing ability to work collaboratively and with peers from different departments;
- Experience of working within an international development setting.
- The ability to undertake occasional overseas travel
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Commitment to Save the Children values; and
- The existing right to work in Kenya.
- Formal investigation qualification;
- Knowledge of regional law and regulatory environments;
- Previous experience of delivering training sessions /workshops;
- Membership of a professional anti-fraud body and/or professional data analytics certification; and Knowledge of SCI systems including Agresso, TIM, ER/CAM, PPM Prime, ProSave Source-to-Pay, Datix etc.
Contract duration: 24 months
Location: Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
go to method of application »
The Application Analyst and support specialist will work closely with country, regional and centre based teams to provide resolution to support tickets raised through the service desk system. The role holder will work closely with country, regional and centre based teams to provide reporting and analytical information on the organisations Enterprise applications to assist in the running of an efficient and effective global function. The Application Analyst and support specilaist will work with the Technical Architect, Suppliers and other System Administrators in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant systems to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computing Degree - BSc,BA or equivalent.
- Strong web/collaborative development and support experience required
- Strong experience with SharePoint 2013 and/or SharePoint Online required (i.e. experience and knowledge of key SharePoint functional abilities such as sites, communities, content editing, search, term sets, my sites)
- Use of MS Flow (Power Automate) and PowerApps to create and rapidly deploy business solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory and DNS
- Good experience with collaborative/training applications such as SkypeForBusiness/ MS Teams
- Knowledge of relational databases (eg. MS SQL server)
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering global web solutions that cater for local needs (eg. area with poor bandwidth, multiple character sets, etc.)
- Good communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
- Outstanding customer service orientation and follow-up skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to learn new web/collaborative systems and applications quickly
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Understanding of basic networking / infrastructure knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft IIS and/or Apache
- Experience in organisations with overseas activities
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience with administration of Office365
- Programming knowledge in diverse applications/languages
- The ability to converse in languages other than English
- Auditing skills/experience
- Administrator level knowledge of Jira
- Experience in working with offshore project team members
- Understanding/ experience in SharePoint PowerShell cmdlets