Reporting to: Head of Supply Chain
Tenure: Full Time
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 100+ people around the world.
As a business that is rapidly scaling, SunCulture has been focused on these three key priorities: building systems and processes for scale, aligning its customer acquisition strategy, and enhancing customer support.
About the role
Under the management of the Supply Chain Head, the Procurement Officer ( Coordinator ) will manage all procurement and supply chain functions at SunCulture in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Receive and process requisitions from different user departments including confirmation of budget approvals.
- Sourcing and Pre-qualification of suppliers and ensuring SunCulture has a lean supplier base.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and office supplies with reduced risk and ensure the security of supply.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures in line with PPA.
- Establish and manage all vendor relations
- Represent the interests of the company in all supplier negotiations, ensure the company gets the best deals that project the best value for money, set up, and manage supplier contracts.
- Manage the process of supplier evaluation, cost analysis, and selection
- Work with finance to process purchase orders.
- Ensure all procurement transactions are properly documented and records filed
- Receiving commodities and processing invoices through the finance department.
- Expediting orders and ensuring goods are delivered on time with the right quality.
- Creating a process around procurement across all departments in the organization, in conjunction with Finance and Operations.
- Conduct value chain and total cost analysis on various sourcing options (eg. local vs. International, centralized vs. Decentralised) on high-value purchases, from time to time, and advise the management on the best sourcing strategy to adopt.
- Conduct market surveys regularly to ensure the company is getting supplies at the most competitive rates and the goods supplied comply with industry standards.
- Developing a procurement plan for the organization and managing implementation.
- Monitor the consumption of goods and services at the organization and make proposals to the head of operations on possible cost management options.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the line manager
Does this sound like you?
- Professional certification in a related area such as business/ economics, logistics, supply chain management, or purchasing
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience in vetting suppliers prior to on-boarding
- Good knowledge of the procurement process, procedures and the ability to track and advise on changes to relevant legislation
- Multitasking skills, including the ability to handle various inquiries
- Keen on operational excellence and process improvements to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with immense pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized, and meet deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
go to method of application »
About the Role
The Business Intelligence Manager’s core role is to proactively identify areas for new development or redevelopment of existing reporting functionality to create efficiencies in SunCulture’s sales, financial, and operational activities. Your core role is also to work within a complex network of data sources and tools, think strategically about optimal methods for structuring and presenting data to end-users, and putting strategy into action. You are expected to leverage extensive business intelligence experience with knowledge gained of the company to support business processes and reporting needs of the company.
- Partner with internal teams including finance, HR, operations and sales to design, develop, and deliver robust and scalable reporting automation in PowerBI to gain insights from all systems and enterprise platforms, enabling the company to track performance against targets, and manage risk. For example sales dashboards with functionality to split by product, region, and type of sales. PAYG Credit dashboards to show credit performance, with functionality to analyze different vintages, and track metrics over time. Impact dashboard to fulfill reporting requirements to stakeholders.
- Establish relationships and coordinate with SunCulture’s technical experts in each department to better understand the business and how their needs can be captured on dashboards in order to make better decisions. For example, After sales dashboards to track installation costs against budget/targets, and track after-sales costs, split into product costs, transport, and travel costs, and compare with targets.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify business Intelligence needs and work closely with the IT team in developing processes and systems required to execute associated solutions.
- Develop or redevelop reports tailored to various user groups across SunCulture, transforming raw data into actionable insights for various stakeholders within the company.
- Research and analyze business trends, internal and external data & customer behavior data to identify opportunities & propose solutions focused on growing the business.
- Use data to tell the SunCulture story and develop insights about trends in SunCulture’s customer-formation.
- Use statistical analysis and/or data-mining tools to analyze performance, identify insightful trends, and interpret technical data into meaningful recommendations.
- Support development of data strategy required to support enterprise initiatives (website and apps, surveys, testing, market research, etc).
Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,, Data Science or related quantitative/analytical field.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in a business intelligence/ data management role.
- Experience with business applications such as SAP, Oracle, or Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred.
- Experience with MS SQL and Power BI highly preferred.
- Excellent data analysis skills, including the ability to work with complex data sets while giving exceptional attention to detail/accuracy.
- Highly responsible, dependable, and proactive with a strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Deliver through others by the delegation of duties, proper time management, and getting buy-in from the team members
- Create, support, and maintain a culture of collaboration, accountability, trust, and customer focus across functional areas
- Independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Thrive in resources constrained environments with discretion in using budgetary allocation
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, prioritize work and work under pressure