World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Read more about this company
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide overall management of the WV East Africa Regional Office Finance and administration functions. The role will ensure financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and strategies, systems and skills to support the operations of the office.
The position will also ensure effective and efficient administrative support to the East Africa Regional Office staff, hosted staff, Global Centre and National Offices and adherence to the law of the land and representing WV’s interests in legally binding contracts.
Finance & Administration Management (30%)
- Manage the finance and administration units in EARO and ensure smooth running efficient delivery of services.
- Identify gaps in financial, administrative and procurement policies and provide appropriate recommendations for development and review
- Ensure adherence to partnership policies and guidelines including International Financial and procurement Manuals
- Manage RO budget, cash flow and project funding.
- Facilitate the budgeting process as per budget guidelines
- Prepare quarterly analysis of the financial performance of the Regional Office(RO) and provide appropriate recommendation
- Ensure effective operation of the RO to ensure optimal use of resources
- Ensure implementation of new partnership initiatives involving Finance and Administration.
- Ensure that staff in EARO have a safe work environment in accordance with the OSHA standards
- In collaboration with Supply Chain Team, contribute to the development of supply chain strategies and approaches that ensure full optimization of ProVision KPIs
- Represent the RO in the Karen Shared Service Finance and Administration initiatives.
Finance & Administration Accountability and Reporting (25%)
- Design systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of EARO assets, resources and operations
- Ensure implementation of efficient and effective internal control systems
- Submit timely and accurate periodic reports
- Ensure filing of annual returns
Risk Management and Controls (15%)
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place to minimize risk
- Ensure that management responses to audits performed are sent on time to the Audit Department, and that audit recommendations are implemented
- Ensure adequate preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
- Review, Monitor and update the Financial Risk Matrix and act accordingly.
People Management & Capacity Building (15%)
- Identify capacity gaps and ensure appropriate development interventions for finance and administration unit
- Facilitate operations and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial policies, guidelines and reports
- Ensure roll out of finance and administrative initiatives relating to EARO
- Set and monitor performance standards for Finance & Administrative team and provide overall mentorship and coaching to the department staff
Cost efficiency and effectiveness (10%)
- Review cost efficiency of contracts as negotiated by SCM to ensure value for money
- Review contracts to ensure compliance with WV polices and local legal requirements
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Representative in special task forces and committees
- Active representation strategic regional meetings and forums
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- 8 years’ experience in Finance and Administration roles preferably in the humanitarian sector, 4 of which must have been in management level.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership is preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably Sun Systems & Vision and literacy in using Microsoft Office programs.
Additional work experience required
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
go to method of application »
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Are you and passionate about building a better world for children? Are you excited by the impact that can be achieved when different skills and resources are channelled towards the same ambitious goal? Do you excel at planning, keeping track of tasks and compiling information from multiple sources? Are you a team player who enjoys solving problems? World Vision International is looking for you! This is an exciting opportunity to support our largest ever global campaign It Takes a World to End Violence against Children and join a dynamic team of passionate advocates for the rights of children. You will be exposed to multiple facets of running a global campaign, and help monitor its different streams.
You will help collect data and stories about our impact and communicate them convincingly to different audiences. You will work directly with a large variety of internal and external stakeholders to catalyse a global movement to end violence against children.
- Project Management:
- Monitor day to day implementation of global campaign work-plan; work with output and task owners to ensure successful delivery; monitor and document budget spending, and emerging risks and issues; help solve problems in implementation or escalate to manager; gather suggestions for additional tasks and propose adaptations/changes in the campaign plan; maintain and upgrade project management assets and tools.
- Report on progress in campaign implementation to different audiences, using the M&E system developed by the Design Monitoring and Evaluation Lead of the Advocacy & External Engagement team, appropriate formats and by the set deadlines; support communication and capacity building for offices to use the campaign tracking/reporting systems developed; support in getting qualitative data (linked to Information management below).
- Communications & Stakeholder Management:
- Work with business owners, project teams and communications specialists to devise and execute communications plans, facilitate stakeholder engagement throughout the project lifecycle. Convene meetings and take minutes, gather and report on project status, plan and facilitate stakeholder management and project communications effectively. Facilitate updates to key stakeholders and leaders reactively and proactively.
- Knowledge Management & Learning:
- In collaboration with and under the oversight of the Advocacy & External Engagement Knowledge Manager, facilitate project retrospectives and lesson learned, and contribute to discovering gaps and opportunities to improve ways of working; facilitate feedback loops to ensure agility through “fast failing", learning and adapting; support in optimising productivity in campaign project and knowledge management systems and implementation, and collaborate with others leaders to improve efficiency and effectiveness; document, share and support scale of successful campaign actions from our knowledge and insights.
- Information management: Implement the global campaign information management and reporting system for all stakeholders, under the oversight of the Advocacy & External Engagement Knowledge Manager, taking advantage of existing systems from other parts of the organisation. Compile and analyze internal and external data related to the campaign upon request, to support improvements and evidence-based decision-making, and manage ad-hoc information/analysis requests (respond directly or defer to another colleague). Support users at all levels (through guidance) to know how to input and extract information about the campaign, where to find information and who to contact on different areas of the campaign.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in project management, preferably in the development/humanitarian sector.
- Proven experience working in an environment with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration across departments and functions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Experience in working virtually and internationally across cultures and within complex organisational structures.
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude, sense of diplomacy, cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view and emotional maturity.
- Committed to continuous learning – develop self, and maintain knowledge in the relevant field at all times.
- Ability to consolidate and summarize large volumes of information into compelling presentations and summaries (factsheets, charts, graphs, tables).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and OneDrive.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Zoom and the Google suite.
- Some familiarity with design tools such as Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Swahili or Portuguese an advantage.
- Knowledge of child rights and sustainable development issues and debate.
- Knowledge of Power Bi an asset.
- Project Management Certification a plus.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel less than 10 % of the time.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time; ability to communicate through voice and in writing.
go to method of application »
Reporting to : Cluster Manager
Grade Level : 13
Work Location : Kirindon
Purpose of Position
The Project Coordinator - ABRA/READS is responsible for coordinating and implementing all activities related to an action research project on scaling education innovations, funded by the International Development Research Council’s Knowledge and Information Exchange (IDRC-KIX). The innovation being researched is Concordia University’s interactive ABRACADABRA software for supporting early grade literacy. This position will ensure the research design is effectively conducted, capacity and skills of teachers and other stakeholders are well supported and project milestones are on target.
Planning, coordination and implementation 60%
- Responsible and accountable for project planning and action research activities in the targeted schools
- Support research pre-activities (ethics review, government approvals)
- Ensure alignment of project research activities with the Global Hub and other project hubs in Rwanda and Bangladesh
- Organize project launch and end of year graduation ceremonies/project showcases
- Ensure facilitation and coordination of teacher professional development on the literacy tools
- Ensure maintenance and security of project ICT equipment (with WVK IT technical support)
- Facilitate installation, maintenance and upgrading of ABRA/READS software on the servers
- Provide supplementary ABRA/READS print-based support materials
- Support CSLP in the preparation of ABRA/READS teacher support materials, aligned with the national curriculum.
- Organize yearly head teachers’ forum to ensure adequate support of the project by the school administration and management
- Troubleshoot any issues with technology (hardware and software)
- Keep in touch with head teachers to ensure proper use and functionality of the project equipment
- Identify, train and manage ABRA/READS teacher ambassadors
- Provide initial and ongoing support on the literacy tools to the teachers, through regular in-class visits and the use of the online Teacher Professional Development (TPD) environment
- Liaise with AP Education Project Officer to align the project activities with ongoing WVK education projects, where relevant
Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning and reporting 20%
- Provide necessary tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure effective implementation of the project activities as per the donor and WVK policies & guidelines
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Oversee effective documentation of all the information related to the project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
- Coordinate collection of research data for Concordia and Wilfrid Laurier Universities and for the Brookings Institution ROSIE project
- Review and compile monthly and quarterly narrative reports and budgets
- Ensure regular communication with the Global Hub in Mombasa, WVK Hub Administrator, World Vision Canada, project committees, schools, local communities and MoE officials
- Plan meetings with stakeholders to keep them informed of project-related activities
- Produce timely, accurate, and quality reports for project committees and direct/indirect reports
- Gather end user insights on software use and suggest design improvements for the teacher professional development resources
- Provide new initiatives to facilitate scaling up of the project to other schools
- Report on alignment of ABRA to the TUSOME programme and its integration into the daily learning process
Capacity building 15%
- Ensure capacity building for teachers, ABRA/READS ambassadors, Head Teachers, BoM and MoE officials
- Co-facilitate initial 3-day teacher ABRA/READS workshop and any follow up training
- Facilitate curriculum support officers and sub county education officers to coach and monitor the implementation of the research project.
- Conduct planning and reflection meetings with teachers, head teachers, CSOs and education officers to address any gaps in capacity/skills
Other duties 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Community Development, International Development or any other related field.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in community development work focused on education, early grade literacy or teacher professional development
- Experience in ICT software and hardware set ups
- Experience in adult and hands-on training
- Experience in project management, including budgeting, project planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in social and/or educational research
- Excellent knowledge of English (both oral and written) is a requirement
go to method of application »
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The TSO Technical Advisor (TA) position provides high quality faith and development technical assistance to clients in the areas of fragile contexts, church partnerships and faith engagement, innovation and impact, and core World Vision International (WVI) Faith and Development (F&D) project models. In addition, the position will support project assessments, programme design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of F&D project models and sector approaches in alignment with WVI strategy to improve child well-being (CWB) impact. This includes all aspects of grant acquisition and management for foundations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors including facilitation, partnering with peer
organizations and private sector engagement as per needs defined by Field Office, Regional, Support Office and Global Centre clients. The TA will continue to learn and grow in technical expertise to provide best in class service. This position will travel up to 30% for client requests and where possible for the individual. The TA reports to the sector Technical Director
Field Office and Regional Office Assignments
- Provide high quality technical assistance to Field Offices (FO) for programme design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical expertise for all aspects of programme design (including win themes, theory of change development, logframe, proposal coordination and writing etc.) based on data, to enhance impact and evidence of impact.
- Develop faith and development research agendas for inclusion in grants to enhance evidence of impact.
- Lead, facilitate or participate in assessments.
- Lead or participate in developing winning programme design and resultant proposals for grant donors as per requests from clients including developing alternative and complementary faith and development approaches.
- Support FOs in developing capacity statement and
- Acts as key technical personnel of grant funded programmes for FO during start-up or transition phases.
- Ensure FO Technical Program (TP) designs meet organizational standards.
- Influence decision makers and technical specialists across the partnership, (especially in FOs and Support Offices (SO)) for continuous Programme Quality and quality improvement using programme data.
- Lead and/or participate in programme assessments and evaluations and provide inputs and advice.
- Assist with scale-up of core project model implementation in FOs, in alignment with strategy.
Innovation and Learning:
- Influence Global Centre (GC) and field implementation teams with innovative and promising approaches .
- Facilitate and/or participate in learning events.
- Document lessons learned and generate stories of impact.
- Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
- Participate in Regional COP (Community of Practice) or learning networks relevant to the sector.
- Work alongside FO staff to build understanding of WV’s global faith and development sectoral approaches and core project models and global best practices and lessons learned.
- Provides training (virtual or in country) to clients as requested, including using data to inform decision making.
- Mentors and coaches technical staff in FOs and SOs.
- Contribute to the development of learning pathways for technical staff.
Global Centre Engagement and Assignments
Project Model Guidance and Adaptation:
- Co-creates and develops new project models and sector approaches in collaboration with and as per the requests from the GC Sector Team.
- Using best practices, innovative thinking and cutting-edge technical expertise, TA provides insight and practical ideas for adaptive design of core project models, donor and partner models and next generation approaches.
Personal Development, TSO Core and Domains
- Commitment to ongoing learning for professional development and growth.
- Engage with leading global practitioners and donors to learn, share, develop and communicate external best practices and standards aligned with WV strategy, Our Promise.
TSO Systems and Knowledge Management:
- Lead or participate in a TSO Domain/GAM CORE team.
- Serve as a Core Project Model or Approach ‘Hero’ for your sector team.
Administration and Management
TSO Business Processes & CREDO:
- Internal Relationships.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
- Approach work with a commitment to client-service that grows the capacity of FO clients.
- Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
- Represent WV in external conferences, donor meetings, technical forum, etc. as requested by clients.
- Maintain projects in Workfront.
- Complete travel bookings and expense reports.
- Ensure internal information management systems are updated and maintained.
- Complete required Compliance Trainings.
- Participate in team meetings and communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Consistently steps up to take leadership when opportunities present.
- Creates new innovations or initiatives and leading them to completion.
- Successful management or facilitation of complex tasks, including cross sector team projects.
- Engages effectively with influencers in the partnership enhancing TSO credibility and value proposition.
- Demonstrates leadership and selflessness in team situations.
- Takes leadership as a team player and encourager.
- Works to gain the respect of the team.
- Exemplifies and models the team values and the TSO CREDO.
- Demonstrates sophistication in managing complex relationships.
- Demonstrates foresight and insight into potential problems relating to assignments and risk management strategies.
- Leads and troubleshoots in complex assignment situations.
- Applies effective strategies for multi-stakeholder management.
Reliability and Consistency:
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation.
- Completes complex tasks on time to a high level of quality.
- Proactive in multi stakeholder management.
Successful Project Management:
- Achieves consistent client satisfaction.
- Consistently maintains or improves relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates consistent productivity, efficiency and performance with minimal need for supervision.
- Generates new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicates with all stakeholders in their preferred method and style.
- Education at a minimum of Bachelor degree level (ideally in Theology or Development Studies).
- A proven strategic thinker.
- Computer literacy; strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Commitment and ability to develop others.
- More than 5 years’ work experience including experience in a technical support provision/advisory role.
- Experience working in the development sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively with people from different church backgrounds and cultural contexts and nationalities, and also with people of different faiths or those who may profess to have no belief system.
- Excellent training and coaching skills and ability to develop own training methods and materials.
- Strong interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiating skills, ability to influence and exercise discretion.
- Fluency and excellent communications skills in English and/or French/Spanish. Must be able to deliver training and develop training materials in these languages.
- Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure.
- Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors as defined in attached GAM competency overview.
- Experience in programming, grant implementation and management.
- Knowledge and experience with WV operations.
- At least five years of programme management experience.
- Broad experience in relationship building and working with churches, faith based organizations and other faith groups.
- Exposure to fragile context work.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Masters Degree in a relevant subject.
- Second language proficiency, needs excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Networked with deep knowledge of the sector and the significant actors.
- Spiritual maturity; clear articulation of personal faith in Christ about how their faith informs their life and work, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Sound Biblical knowledge and experience working with faith groups beneficial. Existing FBO and Church organization and partnerships and project implementation experience an advantage.
- Ability and understanding to work in a cross-cultural context and in an environment with various different faith groups.
- Good communication and good inter-personal skills.
- Additionally this position is responsible to provide technical support for the integration of World Vision's Christian identity and focus into the programming initiatives of various field office, lead, mentor and coordinate the church
- partnership, ensuring F&D initiatives are integrated into program design.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.