The M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, co-educational and residential High school offering the Kenyan National Curriculum. Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
Read more about this company
Do you love teaching a pioneering, creative and integrated curriculum? Are you passionate about inspiring learners to achieve their full potential?
We are looking for experienced Peripatetic music trainers to join our team of passionate educators to take up the responsibilities as trainers in the following instruments/areas:
- Violin/viola – 2posts
- Cello – 1post
- Double bass – 1post
- Flute/oboe – 2 posts
- Clarinet – 1 post
- Saxophone – 1 post
- Trumpet/Cornet – 1 post
- Trombone/Tuba – 1post
- Voice – 1 post
- Piano – 3posts
- Guitar – 2posts
- Dance – 2posts
- Band & Ensemble Lead – 1post
- Percussions -1post
- Planning, preparation and deliver content on the instrument being taught.
- Planning and preparations of the following curriculum documents.
- Technical exercises
- Scale requirements
- Tutor books
- Aural exercises
- Sight Reading exercises
- Delivery of content
- Registers with name, attendance and student’s progress.
- Appropriate resources
- Manuscript books
- Allocated instruments
- Music stands
- Instrument specific accessories (Rosin/Reds/pull through/ Valve oil/Slide oil/fool stools/drum sticks Student’s iPad
- To have up-to-date knowledge of, arrange and prepare students for instrumental and school examinations as appropriate in the syllabi offered at The Academy (ABRSM/KCSE/BTEC/MYP/IBDP
- Reporting at the end of every term
- Resource management –Tutors must be well versed in information on:
- Instrument purchase (Sites and shops)
- Instrument repair service providers
- Student friendly instrument models (Sturdy, accurate tuning, good quality and reasonably priced)
- Tutors ensure students are given performance opportunities on a termly basis as part of their curriculum. This may include individual, sectional, choir/orchestra
- Tutors must form and run an ensemble for each instrument section
- Tutors will help in the following performances:
- Orchestra/Choir in assemblies, productions and school events
- Bands (Pop/marching/Jazz etc.)
- Health and safety
- To ensure the general safety and well-being of students, observing appropriate conduct and class management in line with the existing school policy.
- To ensure all premises in which activities take place receive due care (orderly, clean/hygienic and safe.)
- Professional Development
- To attend INSET training and other relevant meetings at the request of the Head of music.
- To adhere to professional code of conduct at all times, according to the school’s expectation.
- To keep written records as required by SMS of planning and assessing students at all stages of learning to enable feedback to schools, parents and other agencies.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience and a Grade 6 ABRSM qualification or equivalent level of playing on your instrument is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in music is an added advantage.
- Commitment and enthusiasm for music tutor to be able to motivate and inspire students.
- Receptive to new ideas and be able to work as part of a professional team, dedicated to offering high quality music education.
- Reference from one or more practitioners from the music education fraternity.
go to method of application »
Overall Role Purpose:
Reporting to the HR and Admin Manager, the Human Resource Officer will be responsible for overseeing delivery of best HR practice services in the Academy with key focus on employee relations, performance management and contract Management, while executing other HR operational functions.
- Employee and labour relations
- Develop and ensure implementation of the robust human resource policies, processes and procedures in accordance with the academy’s core values, best practices in learning institution and the Kenyan Labour Laws;
- Manage all industrial relations activities within the academy with relevant departments and external institutions.
- Develop and guide line management on employee communication strategies to maximize staff engagement and minimize conflict.
- Keep abreast of local and global HR best practices and make recommendations to the HR Manager & Director Operations on how these impacts the HR role as well as provide suitable interpretation to members of staff.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the Academy’s human resource policies, processes and procedures and identify improvement opportunities;
- Interpret, explain, and implement academy’s Human resource policies and procedures and make sure they are followed.
- Management of employee contracts
- Develop and administer policy on recruitment and management of casual staff in the academy.
- Provide administrative support in management of contracts for consultants, temporary staff and interns.
- Perform such other responsibility that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum requirement Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or its equivalent.
- Be an accredited member of the Institute of Human Management IHRM.
- Must have a current practicing certificate.
- Minimum requirement 6 years’ experience in general Human Resource and Administration.
- At least 3 years’ of experience in Employee and labour relations.
- Training in counselling and mediation will be added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills and people management skills
- Ability to adapt or change to new situations.
Terms of engagement
This appointment will be on a contract basis.
go to method of application »
Overall Role Purpose:
Under the supervision of Head of Finance, this position serves as the risk champion at the academy and coordinates the planning, collection, compilation and follow through the resolution of risks with various risk owners.
This position is also responsible for reviewing controls processes and systems across the academy and proposing improvements.
Together with Head of Finance, the Risk and Assurance officer will provide education to staff regarding risk, controls and processes improvement programs.
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Identification, measuring, managing and reporting risks across the academy.
- Helping develop processes to better evaluate academic-specific risks.
- Monitoring important as well as critical risk issues for Senior Management and board reporting.
- Conducting risk and compliance assessments.
- Coordinating and scheduling required compliance training for employees.
- Act as the secretary to the Risk Management Committee.
- Controls and Assurance
- Objectively assess the academy state of internal controls, processes, ICT systems and make improvement recommendations.
- Assess the academy compliance with all the relevant statutory obligations.
- Compile and maintain a register of all academy statutory obligations with due dates.
- Identify shortfalls or gaps in processes and ICT systems and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Audit, Enterprise risk Management or an equivalent field.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Enterprise risk Management, Audit or a related area of study will be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience doing similar work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Organizing and prioritization
- Proper Judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact at various organizational levels
Method of Application
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position,contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to [email protected] hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is C.O.B Wednesday 20th March, 2021.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.