We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Risk & Compliance (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance.
- The position is responsible for assuring oversight on Information Risk by implementing a comprehensive programme to assess and mitigate current and emerging risks that impact the integrity, availability, accountability and confidentiality of information assets and the information environment in accordance with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate all business contingency planning activities. The person who fills this position is expected to interact with the critical business units and support divisions for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, and maintaining the Business Continuity Management System.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Review and ensure adequate policies are implemented to manage Information risk across the company
- Provide guidance in the interpretations of current policies related to specific situations as they arise
- Perform risk assessments on new products and services – waterfall and agile delivery.
- Perform risk assessments to support M-Pesa Africa entry into new markets.
- Conduct policy exception reviews
- Coordinate/facilitate enterprise information risk assessments at regular intervals to assess and track the health of information management across the company bi-annually
- Develop and embed appropriate Information Risk awareness initiatives across the business
- Offer specialist guidance & advisory to other business units for timely assurance of key / special projects
- Lead the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Business Continuity Management System including certification where applicable.
- Form a “centre of excellence” for business continuity management, for example offering internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on redundancy and recovery matters throughout the organization and promoting the commercial advantages of managing business continuity risks more efficiently and effectively
- Assist business units with:
- Definition of Critical, time-sensitive functions that form part of the business continuity playbook
- Design, development, and documentation of work area (business function) business continuity plans.
- Coordination of development of business unit schedules for annual business continuity documentation maintenance and update, exercises, and independent review and validation.
- Develop and implement required policies, standards, procedures and guidelines to establish and maintain an effective Business Continuity Management system. As part of the leadership role, will conduct and ensure sign-offs are obtained where necessary of companywide Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and Risk Assessments.
- Recruitment, leadership and direction for a loose network of business continuity coordinators distributed throughout the organization
- Annual BIA and risk assessments conducted in accordance with the annual plan.
- Manage the Crisis Management Team
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/ Information Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Holder of at least one of the following certifications: CISA, CISM or CISSP
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up a BCM framework and crisis management office is a must.
- Detailed knowledge of GSM and IT Networks is essential
- Minimum of 4 years proven working experience in the operational management of Information Systems / Information Security / Information Systems Audit role or proven experience in business continuity management.
- Business continuity certification training on ISO 22301 an advantage
We are happy if you have:
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working.
- Project management skills, and proven task execution (getting things done).
- Analytical Thinking.
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
- As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) - Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
go to method of application »
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Sustainable Business and Social Impact department of the Corporate Affairs division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department; Sustainable Business and Social Impact, the Senior Manager Sustainability and partnerships drives responsible, sustainable and purpose led business practices as well as thought leadership and develops strategies on Sustainability, SDGs, Shared Value, rights, Environment management and compliance. The role also oversees all the partnerships and ensures that Safaricom is represented locally, regionally and globally.
Strategy Formulation & Implementation:
- Develop the Sustainability and SDG Strategy for the company;
- Lead, Drive and Oversee Environment Management and Regulatory Compliance;
- Lead the strategic sustainability mapping process for divisions;
- Research on new sustainability thinking to match to the business needs and ensure that Safaricom stays ahead of the curve;
- Lead Integration of rights into sustainability and implementation of the rights framework;
- Collaborate with senior managers and champions to manage sustainability plans and strategies, execution timelines and deliverables;
- Ensure quarterly reporting on progress of implementation of agreed sustainability action plans.
- Development the partnership engagement framework for the team;
- Creation of mutual partnerships to enhance our agenda locally, regionally and globally
- Lead the strategic partnership mapping process for the team to ensure mutuality
- Collaborate with the partners to ensure that the purpose agenda stays top of mind
Strategic Programs and Projects Management:
- Develop and constantly evaluate progress and status of implementation of formulated sustainability business plans;
- Oversee the formulation, implementation and review of Safaricom sustainability programme and projects including climate change, rights-based approaches, environment management and compliance;
- Take leadership in any specially assigned projects/initiatives in relation to the team’s mandate and docket;
- Quarterly meetings with the internal stakeholders to keep them abreast of Sustainability issues;
- Quarterly workshops with external stakeholders to keep abreast of issues and dissemination of the same to internal customers;
- Meetings with both internal and external customers to address docket wide issues and concerns;
- On behalf of CEO oversee the development of the sustainable business report.
Business Intelligence & Thought Leadership:
- Consistently monitor next frontier sustainability thinking, environment management and environment regulations of strategic interest and provide input on changes taking place in the industry;
- Research on new areas in sustainability broadly that Safaricom can gain strategic advantage over its competitors;
- Positioning of Safaricom’s sustainability portfolio locally and globally;
- Contribution and participation in sustainability fora to shape thought leadership;
- Identify key Sustainability, climate change and social policy issues to which Safaricom and its eco-system should subscribe/address
- Seek intelligence on new strategies and regulations from industry experts, Telecom analysts and other media whilst maintaining highest ethical standards.
- Management and Coordination of the section’s functions (Sustainability and rights, Environmental Compliance & regulatory monitoring, Environmental Management & ISO certification and carbon management)
- Ensure that the team is exposed to trainings in the relevant skill area to enable them to discharge their duties adequately.
- Ensure that the team works in harmony to deliver the section objectives
- Oversee the attracting, recruiting, deployment and retention of “A” players for the unit;
- Undertake all talent management activities and routines that ensure a team that is continuously engaged, rewarded and developed;
- Monitor the performance of all team members and support department head in providing on-going feedback;
- Maintain an employee value proposition that engages employees to deliver their best.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Natural Resource Sciences, Environmental studies, Sociology, diplomacy, and International Relations;
- A postgraduate degree, diploma or certificates in courses in Sustainability matters within a highly technical industry will be an added advantage;
- Certified Sustainability Practitioner
- Excellent Knowledge on GRI reporting as well as UNGC communication on Progress
- A registered lead environmental expert with NEMA;
- Excellent knowledge of NEMA regulations and provisions of the EMCA 19 99;
- At least 10 years’ experience in Sustainability, environmental compliance sector for the manufacturing, construction or ICT sector or large-scale industry;
- At least 8 years of process and people management experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT regulatory environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills