The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
The Assistant Manager Digital Communication is responsible managing the Authority’s online presence, including website, social media, and other online publications and will manage integration and automation between existing digital platforms to create effective communication channels and customer service experiences.
- Develop overall digital communication strategy in order to create innovative content to effectively promote tax compliance
- Enhance data analytics, develop additional research and data sources as necessary, to inform content strategy development
- Define the strategy for each digital touchpoint to distribute campaigns and content effectively in order to drive engagement and grow KRA’s digital footprint
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create visual content with fresh and innovative ideas, re-enforcing a modern, dynamic, and innovative brand image.
- Overall Administration and Management of the KRA Website and other digital properties
- Optimise web communication for SEO and organic and keyword search
- develop and implement a creative approach for direct email strategy
- Optimise KRA Blog to generate interaction and brand exposure
- Build and manage relations with industry influencers and key stakeholders, engaging in conversations with audiences and keep developing their community.
- Build and maintain KRA’S online reputation
- Keep up to date with current digital trends and developments and ensure we remain timely and current in our use of digital media.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
- A university degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Information Technology or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Chartered Institute of Marketing or Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in similar role with experience in digital content development and 1 year in entry level management.
go to method of application »
This position is responsible for KRA’s role in international tax and customs matters which includes coordinating bilateral relations, multilateral relations and exchange of information (except for taxpayer-specific information). It involves planning logistics for hosting bilateral events, managing international travel outside Kenya, and overseeing provision of diplomatic protocol and consular services for staff. The incumbent will also coordinate capacity building and technical assistance to other revenue agencies on tax and customs matters as well as document the lessons learnt. The manager will also coordinate and monitor KRA’s engagement in East African Community (EAC) Affairs, and ensure healthy bilateral relations between KRA and EAC partner states tax agencies.
Key Performance Areas
Bilateral & Multilateral Relations
- Manage bilateral relations in KRA in collaboration with the relevant Go partner agencies.
- Manage multilateral relations between KRA and tax related organizations
- Manage donor relations within KRA
- Facilitate development and execution of international cooperation instruments
- Manage hosting of international bilateral and multilateral events
- Update partner agencies on relevant KRA developments and initiatives.
East African Community (EAC) Affairs
- Coordinate KRA representation and engagements in EAC tax and customs affairs & draft reports on status of KRA engagements in the EAC;
- Coordinate implementation of EAC commitments (EARACGs; SCTIFI; EPAs etc)
- Compile Monitor EAC policy and legislative developments having an impact on revenue administration work and KRA as a whole
- Participate in consultative meetings to prepare KRA and country’s positions
- Coordinate and monitor KRA relations with the EAC revenue agencies
- Manage execution of conferences, dialogues, background briefings, events, where appropriate also with international partners on EAC matters
Diplomatic Protocol & Consular Services
- Ensure induction of visiting international dignitaries/visitors to KRA business
- Collaborate delivery of protocol services for all KRA international events
- Coordinate hosting of international events in Kenya in liaison with relevant business units
- Facilitate the provision of diplomatic protocol and consular services for staff
- Ensure effective management of the international travel desk & monitor staff compliance with Corporate Air Travel Policy framework
International Capacity Development
- Coordinate KRA’s provision of technical assistance and capacity development for foreign government agencies – through effective implementation of the International Capacity Development Programme (ICDP) – IVP & TA
- Monitor and evaluate quality of capacity development programmes delivered by KRA to facilitate organizational learning
- Develop and disseminate best practices in tax & customs advocacy for sharing with relevant partners, and ensure thought leadership in tax administration matters.
- Support implementation of the International Relations & Diplomacy Strategy and related policy frameworks
- Continuously articulate to staff and ensure their conformity to KRA, M & C and IRD vision, mission and core values.
- Any other request assigned from time to time to ensure adherence to KRA strategic direction.
Skills and Knowledge Job Demands
Minimum Academic Requirement
- A Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations or Communication
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in International Relations or Communications 2 years of which must be at management level
- Ability to create and deliver engaging, thoughtful and effective presentations.
- Experience in managing and building teams
- Strong numeracy skills with competence in budgeting and statistical analysis
- Strong work ethics, administration, organization and coordination skills
- Willingness to collaborate, innovate and ability to deliver on KRA’s strategy;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
go to method of application »
The role is responsible for developing and implementing service channel management strategies to address current customer needs, channel migration strategies to address changing customer preferences and drive uptake of alternative service channels as well as developing and implementing service access strategies aimed at expanding the Authority’s reach.
Key Performance Areas
- Monitor channel usage trends/ patterns and provide insights on expected trends on volumes, customer behaviour etc.
- Design and implement initiatives to empower customers to use self-serve channels and drive demand reduction.
- Implement initiatives to strengthen the existing service infrastructure and support framework.
- Outline the nature of KRA channels and conduct user analysis to drive organisation and customer value through efficient use of channels for service delivery.
- Drive the service access strategy by increasing access to customer service through leveraging owned and shared infrastructure.
- Continuously develop and implement a channel prioritization and positioning matrix for customer support.
- Drive customer engagement initiatives aimed at empowering customers with knowledge on service offering.
- Develop a service directory aimed at improving customer experience by addressing inefficiencies such as duplication/ fragmentation
- Recommend/ highlight opportunities for frontline role enhancement and other resource needs based on user (internal and external) analysis and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or any other related field
- A minimum of four (4) years working experience within a Service environment and one (1) at Supervisory level.
- Have working knowledge of the Authority’s procedures and regulations.
- Experience in managing projects is an added advantage
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Have good listening and analytical skills and ability to demonstrate critical thinking.
- Independent mind with an assertive nature.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.