Roche in either Kenya or Nigeria is seeking a Product Manager for the Centralized and Point of Care Solutions (CPS) diagnostics portfolios in relevant Sub-Saharan African countries (including South Africa). The role will be based in either Nigeria or Kenya. The role involves managing the assigned products for the Roche Diagnostics Management Centre in relation to product lifecycle management, developing marketing plans and their tactical execution in collaboration with other areas of the organization. The role includes the timeous inventory demand forecasting for the assigned products and the required communication of changes related to the products.
Among other duties the role will entail:
- Collaborate and co-develop the local marketing strategy and execution plans for the assigned products as well as co-develop market research/analysis in accordance with the processes prescribed by the Marketing Lead, so as to influence marketing, sales and pricing strategies in the relevant Sub Saharan markets (including South Africa). Generate and implement, in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders, new product launches and marketing strategies and concepts aimed at supporting and growing specific product sales.
- Develop, together with the Marketing Lead for the assigned portfolio, marketing, product promotion and brand awareness plans and supporting activities or interventions for each product within the specified portfolio in order to achieve the targeted product positioning, product life cycle, optimal pricing, promotional and profitability strategies in line with set targets.
- Complete and review on a monthly basis, with the inventory manager and/or demand planners, product/inventory demand forecasting timeously and accurately in line with market needs, product marketing strategies, sales targets and order management levels in line with relevant SOP’s in order to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize potential stock write-offs.
- Provide Sales, Application Specialists and Technical Services team members with regular relevant product information and related sales skills education and coaching to build and support their product knowledge and general marketing competencies.
- Ensure that all product specific information (new products, product change notices, scientific data, etc.) is developed and distributed in compliance with legal, scientific, quality and regulatory requirements and is communicated and distributed timeously to relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to support the various business processes.
- Maintain and manage marketing costs associated with the assigned product within the allocated budget and report expenses in accordance with the defined procurement/financial SOPs.
- Review the sales performance of assigned products specific to region, client, account manager and provide recommendations to drive improved sales performance.
- Develop and maintain, through regular presence, strong internal, Key Account, KOL and government related bodies’ relationships, in partnership with sales, Business Development and Market Access, in order to drive allocated product strategies in line with the relevant marketing strategy for that key account/customer group.
- Conduct regular customer feedback evaluations on product applications to inform relevant global structures and implement appropriate changes or provide relevant feedback to internal and external customers as required.
- Address any marketing / promotional / pricing related issues for each assigned product timeously through relevant global, regional and local structures and in accordance with relevant SOPs.
- A full job description will be provided to candidates invited to an interview.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: Degree in a relevant field or a qualified Medical Technologist.
- Required Experience: At least 2-4 years’ experience in a Sales or Marketing role in Medical Diagnostics or Pharmaceuticals. Candidates with experience in the Clinical Chemistry Diagnostics sales or marketing space have a distinct advantage.
- Required Knowledge: Clinical Chemistry, Immunochemistry, Hematology, Hemostasis/Coagulation, Molecular Diagnostics, Point-of-Care or any other IVD relevant discipline. Marketing, Product Strategy, Business Development and/or Sales.
go to method of application »
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
As Roche is going through a transformation process, we are looking for a Compliance Lead Nigeria, Ghana and East Africa, with location opportunities in Kenya, Nigeria or Ghana. The Compliance Lead will support affiliates through this transformation in their business activities, in close collaboration with Compliance Officers network and Healthcare Compliance Contacts. You are expected to enable affiliates to continuously improve their integrity mindset and patient-centric focus. In partnership with leadership teams you will support compliance oversight and continuously assist the improvement of the compliance program in your area or responsibility.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Support development of the compliance framework and foster a culture of integrity and ethical business practices, consistent with the Roche values and external requirements
- Take advantage of being an integral part of compliance network
- Anticipate business needs, provide business-enabling advice while shape opportunities
- Support the implementation of global policies and directives, initiatives and support local SOP/process development, striving for synergies and simplifications
- Advise all staff regarding compliance obligations, risks, proactive risk management strategies, actual or potential compliance-related matters, investigation and resolution of issues, as well as corrective actions
- Support collaboration with the management to perpetuate a “tone at the top” and “middle” that reflects the company’s commitment to ethical and legal business conduct as well as compliance with the letter and spirit of the law, global policies and Roche culture
- Take accountability of overall governance model of the organizations
Your key activities will be:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the products, initiatives, priorities and goals of the business.
- Identify risks to the sustainable business growth.
- Share own knowledge and insights with the teams and network.
- Exemplify and role model Roche leadership commitments, a business- and solution oriented compliance approach, adding value to the company.
- Manage relationships and stakeholders, strengthen alignments and collaborations.
Support of affiliates
Support identification, offer and, as requested, deliverance of support to affiliates, among others:
- Materials (e.g. local/ regional guidance or SOPs, training materials)
- Services (e.g. trainings, monitoring, risks assessment)
- Facilitate working groups and forums on healthcare related topics
- Help and advice on healthcare questions
- Support analysis of general trends and organizational effectiveness in healthcare area.
- Support setting and simplification, harmonization and improvement of standards as appropriate (guidance, directives SOPs etc.).
- Establish and facilitate appropriate forums and processes to fulfill accountabilities.
- Support development and provision of effective means and materials to educate and train management, staff and collaborating parties on healthcare matters and requirements.
Who you are
- You hold a university degree or equivalent competency level.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You identify and manage complexity through the ability to quickly understand and analyze facts and situations
- You have strong influencing skills
- You have high ethical and integrity standards.
- Profound expertise in compliance area, ideally as responsible Compliance Officer;
- Proven business experience, ideally in an affiliate.
- Experience in change management and managing complex projects.
- Understanding of Roche as an organization, business conduct, system environment and culture.
- Understanding of healthcare industry.
- Understanding of markets and corresponding access, commercial and medical approach.
- Excellent active listening skills, fostering open communication and speak-up culture.
- Good sense for pragmatism in approach. Analytical and systematic in thinking
- “Can-do” attitude, embracing business-thinking and -ideas, hands-on.
- Encouraging collaboration, good teammate, create a sense of collaboration and network throughout the affiliates, compliance network and with the global teams.
- You're able to partner amicably with stakeholders, fostering good collaboration.
- Ability to establish common ground, balance out conflicting interests and reach consensus.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.