Job Number: 36014
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-management
REPORTS TO: Marketing Planning Manager, East Africa Markets
GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE: East Africa Markets
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this role is to support the business planning process via accurate sales information analysis and demand forecasting to ensure company plan objectives are achieved. To achieve this, the role holder will undertake the following actions:
- The Planning Executive supports the Marketing Planning Manager in driving high forecast accuracy to limit the risk of market Out of Stocks and negate write-off of materials and finished goods.
- Responsible for delivering a robust, granular shipment volume forecast built from a good baseline sales forecast and accounting for forecast drivers e.g. seasonality, effort, promotional activity, distribution expansion plans, price changes, brand migrations, new product launches and product delisting.
- The role leverages internal networks to ensure the forecast is inclusive of all Brand and Trade activities and is signed off and aligned by all stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for maintaining the shipment volume forecast used for official volume reporting, financial reporting and supply planning.
- Driving high forecast accuracy to limit the risk of market Out of Stocks and negate write-off’s or goods and materials.
- Presenting Actuals vs Forecast at weekly Customer Facing Team (CFT) meetings with clear understanding of drivers.
- Support the Head of Trade in market level Demand planning meetings and feed output into Demand Review
- Providing inputs to the Demand Review meeting as part of the S&OP cycle.
- Ensuring Business Cases (e.g. migrations, new product launches) are incorporated in the forecast following S&OP noting.
- Ensuring Trade Plans (e.g. year-end effort, distribution expansion, promotional activity) are incorporated in the forecast.
- Building effective relationships with internal stakeholders (Brand, Trade, Finance, Supply & Operations, NPI) to advance business objectives.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Relevant business-related university degree (e.g. Bachelor of Commerce)
- 3 to 5 years’ Marketing experience in an FMCG environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and ability to manage vast amounts of data
- Advanced skills in Power BI and other analytics platforms
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver under time pressure
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!