Working under the guidance and supervision of the Commodity Tracking and Reporting Officer, the Nutrition Supervisor will be directly responsible to manage the receipt, storage, dispatch, distribution monitoring, documentation, accounting and reporting of commodities (Food and NFI) for the nutrition program.
Main Roles and Responsibilities.
- Oversee the smooth running of Nutrition stores and Inpatient feeding activities.
- Ensure updated stock records and commodity trucking systems are in place i.e. store releases, waybills, stock cards.
- Ensure proper management of all 5 nutrition warehouse in nutrition programming to ensure safe, orderly, clean and vermin-free storage.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO/FEFO) procedures.
- Ensure physical reconciliation of stock with record.
- Receive food from WFP on behalf of IRC.
- Store release nutrition supplies from IRC warehouse and document them accordingly.
- Ensure all commodities reporting deadlines are met, data updates from different operational areas are received and consolidated.
- Receive and issue nutrition supplies/commodities both food and non-food items in the store and record them accordingly.
- Ensure delivery of approved supplies to the health posts, SC ward, MIYCN and TB/HIV.
- Ensure timely meal preparations and service to patients.
- Develop and regularly update menu and ensure meals provided are balanced.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene are maintained in meal preparation in Hospital kitchen and Nutrition store.
- Execute supervisory obligations to all the nutrition staff under his/her supervision.
- Provide on-job training to store staff where/when required.
- Ensure the nutrition staffs under him/her report to the workstation on time, take daily roll call and share updated leave plan for the station with the nutrition counterpart.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings as scheduled.
- Adhere and uphold IRC code of conduct at the respective workplace.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Improved store management and stock records.
- Improved quality delivery and service in meal preparations and service to the patients.
- Trained in IMAM/MIYCF/MNDC/dietetics and Warehouse management.
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good team player.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Education; Diploma in catering and/or warehouse management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in nutrition program or warehouse management.
- Trained in IMAM/MNDC/MIYCN/Warehouse management
- Proficient in computer skills.
go to method of application »
Under the direct supervision of the Lodwar Field Manager, and technical supervision of the Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer shall be responsible for the overall data collection, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms in, Health, Nutrition, CGPP/GHS, WPE and Livelihood programs. He/she will supervise and head the M&E departments. He/she will provide the technical input and oversight to the integration and use of data management systems including COMET, ODK, KOBO and KHIS and to manage the tools to facilitate data entry, transmission, and use. Key to success will be building the capacity of staff on use of the systems, data analysis and information use to improve the quality of programming. He/She shall coordinate with program managers and officers in sharing monitoring and evaluation information/results and support in preparation and dissemination of program reports and program design
Program Design and Implementation
- Contribute to program design and development of proposal project log frame and theories of change
- Take lead in generating an M&E budget with all the resource needs for Lodwar site for fundraising
Program Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Develop the quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information and data
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log-frames.
- Support the programs in compilation, review and verification of data used for project reports (monthly, quarterly and end of project)
- Develop and manage database system for monitoring and evaluation and generate periodic reports to inform and guide programs
- Continuous and frequent close monitoring / supervision of all levels of data collection from entry, filling, compiling, summarizing and giving feedback to program managers and Field Coordinator.
- Enforce timely submission of data from all the collection points, including monthly planning reports for all departments.
- Develop and provide the required data collection instruments to all programs
- Ensure a high level of communication and close working relationships with the project team, project implementers, and other key stakeholders
- Provide the required data management oversight, capacity building and training, and technical assistance regularly at the field level.
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
- Take lead in planning for data analysis and action planning review meeting for program quality improvement
- Take lead in planning and executing program surveys/assessments and evaluations
- Support and build the capacity of field based and office-based program staff and partner organizations to design and utilize M&E tools, surveys, evaluations and other M&E activities
Grant Management and Compliance:
- Work with the field teams to ensure that program indicators are tracked through regular data review meetings and field visits.
- Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that target indicators are met, and explanations provided where indicators are not met;
- Ensure that programs are on track through keeping and updating indicator tracking sheets/matrix.
- Administratively and technically supervise M&E Assistant as appropriate.
Coordination, Representation and Advocacy:
- Represent IRC Kenya at the field inter-agency M&E coordination forums
- University degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, M&E, Public Health or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience with health information systems, database management, and technology implementation or equivalent.
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages(EPI INFO,SPSS and Stata)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and data management software and methodology along with key platforms (CommCare, ONA, Power BI, KOBO and or ODK)
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation technologies, techniques, approaches and methodologies in health programs.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use (e.g. HMIS, DHIS, EMR)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products. Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills(Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to appropriately manage and delegate work
- Team player.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive