If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Summit Recruitment & Search was established in 2009 to address the recruitment, mass recruitment, executive search, outsourcing and training needs of companies based in Kenya or wanting to enter the Kenyan, East African, South African and African market.
- Find new sales leads
- Work with Marketing to ensure consistent lead generation
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver reviews
- Work with the sales director to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Lead and schedule weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and customers
- Manage the entire marketing lifecycle: defining the strategy, conceiving means and collaterals, design and working with cross-functional teams, particularly sales, through implementation
- Partner with product, sales and training teams to deliver marketing collaterals, campaigns and events as per road map and objectives and implement go-to-market strategy
- Build and lead a high-performing internal team to undertake research, business analysis and human-centred design
- Design and implement promotion schemes for market acquisition
- Design and manage focused field-based research, trials and pilot projects following Lean Startup methodology to validate key product hypotheses
- Recruit and manage interns, fellows and seconded professionals supporting the product line and sales function
- Drive execution of new product and pricing launches across the organization
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or above in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience managing a big sales team
- Having worked for a start up company is a plus
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and reach targets.
- Hardworking, persistent, flexible, and dependable
- English and Swahili fluency. Swahili dialect in addition is a plus
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 100,000 /= (Approx. 1,000 USD) plus very competitive commission
go to method of application »
- Contracting all suppliers, and creating, growing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Margin / price setting, and liaison with international offices as well as all clients on sell rates.
- Overall responsibility for managing proposal generation, analysis of business segments and focusing resources accordingly.
- Full operational delivery on the ground for all clients to a very high standard .
- Manage an initially small (but growing) team of around 5 Tour Consultants, Book-keeper, 8 vehicles and drivers across both Kenya and Tanzania.
- Full financial responsibility – from budget to delivery of DMC P&L.
- Sales and Marketing input – along with an established international team – to grow international sales via trade and consumer channels.
- Looking creatively at the destination and our product offering in order to clearly and tangibly differentiate our product from competitors in the market place.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree or above in relevant field.
- Must have ‘bottom up’ DMC/ Tour Operating experience – certainly in Kenya, ideally from around the region including Tanzania.
- Proven management experience of small to mid-size team in tour operations.
- Must be a good communicator and motivator – the staff, clients and suppliers.
- Proven commercial experience around running a business and both setting and delivering on ambitious targets.
- Experience with DMC reservations software systems is needed – Tour plan experience a plus.
- Experience in the MICE market a plus.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 400,000 /= (Approx. 4,000 USD) plus bonus
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply, please follow the link below:
- Summit Recruitment & Search,
- Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.