The Public Service Commission (PSC) of Kenya is an Independent government Commission established under the Constitution of Kenya to manage human resources in the Kenya Civil Service and the Local Authorities.
Coordinator /Advisor Job Qualifications
- Served for a minimum period of ten (10) years in programme management, governance, operations or related functions;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Business Administration, Economics, Law, International Relations or related discipline from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Business Administration, Economics, Law, International Relations or related discipline from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Experience/service in the Public Service will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities for the Coordinator /Advisor Job
An officer at this level will be responsible to Devolution Sector Working Group (DSWG) Steering Committee and Technical Working Group for effective and efficient coordination and implementation of Devolution Sector Working Group activities. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic advice and implementation support to the Devolution Sector Working Group function;
- Overseeing the Devolution Sector Working Group secretariat operations;
- Implementing the annual work plans;
- Liaising and engaging with the relevant Sector Working Groups and other stakeholders;
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of the devolution process and support projects.
go to method of application »
Program Officer Job Qualifications
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years at the National or International level providing technical assistance to programme development;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or a related field from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- A Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Strategic Management, Economics, Project Management, or a related field from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Experience in Public Sector engagement and Devolution matters will be considered as added advantage and
- Possession of CPA (K) or ACCA or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities for the Program Officer Job
Duties and Responsibilities An officer at this level will provide both financial and administrative support services for the implementation of the Devolution Sector Working Group activities. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing financial project reports on regular basis;
- Collaborating with all project partners and beneficiaries;
- Supporting implementation and monitoring of devolution donor projects
- Supporting delivery and implementation of the Devolution Sector Working Group terms of reference;
- Participating in audit of projects and follow up on audit recommendations. Administrative duties
- Liaising with Ministries, Council of Governors’ Secretariat, Inter-Governmental Relations Technical Committee and development partners project implementation units to facilitate reporting on projects;
- Representing the DSWG/secretariat in meetings, seminars, discussion groups and other events dealing to devolution
- Organization of training for the operations/projects/staff on programme issues.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online via the link below by no later than 23rd November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.