Job Opportunities at The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: 9 November, 2016
View Jobs in Education / Teaching / Information
View All Jobs at Jomo Kenyatta Foundation
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation is Kenya's pioneer publishing house that was founded in 1966. The company is a publisher and printer of quality school text books produced for the approved curriculum and general readers. JKF books are used in both primary and secondary schools. Several titles are also available for use in tertiary institutions. Since JKF publications are produced to the highest standards in terms of paper quality and binding, each time you buy our book you get the best product in terms of quality. In addition, by buying a JKF book you contribute towards the JKF Scholarships Fund which is dedicated to the education of bright but needy students in public secondary schools countrywide.
HR Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Administering the Terms & Conditions of Service.
- Coordinating recruitment, selection, placement and induction of the new staff.
- Coordinating Training and Development activities.
- Implement and continuously updating the Human Resource Information System for the company.
- Administers compensation and rewards system.
- Administering the payroll system by processing the payroll data and forwarding it to Finance Department.
- Administering the medical scheme and related issues, by ensuring staff have medical cards, handling staff medical queries and continually updating them on their limits and balances.
- Administering leave and updating the system to reflect the current situation.
- Provision of counselling services to staff.
- Handling staff welfare concerns
- Administering the Records Management Unit (registry) and its related services, where all staff and other files are stored.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the GM-Human Resource& Administration.
Qualifications for the HR Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a relevant field.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Certificate in computer proficiency.
- Strategic Leadership training from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication, negotiation, inter-personal relationship, team
building, leadership and organizational skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience as HR officer 1.
Senior Editor Job Key Responsibilities
- Assesses manuscripts for content and relevance to established lists.
- Copy-edits manuscripts and other projects as assigned.
- Ensures the printers adhere to production technical specifications for all JKF jobs
- Ensures quality tests are conducted on the printed books as per quality standard procedure guidelines provided by KICD
- Coordinates book production matters in line with the house-style and KICD requirements
- In liaison with subject section heads, plans and supervises peer review.
- Undertakes book registration and legal deposit in accordance with the law.
- Ensures reprints are updated where necessary.
- Coordinates and proofreads service jobs.
- Coordinates issues to do with publishing rights.
- Oversees preparation of tender bids.
- Prepares regular section reports.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the GM-Publishing, Research & Development.
Qualifications for the Senior Editor Job
- Degree in Information Sciences/Publishing or related field.
- A post graduate Diploma in Mass Communication will be an added advantage
- Computer proficiency.
- Leadership training from a reputable institution.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, inter-personal relations, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience as Editor I in charge of Quality Assurance or its equivalent.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jomo Kenyatta Foundation career website on www.jkf.co.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jomo Kenyatta FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Head of Department - Training Job at Krones LCS Center East Africa Ltd
- Job Opportunities at EMCAST
- Career Opportunities at NASCOP - University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Career Opportunities at Nova Academies
- Administrative Assistant Intern at African Virtual University (AVU)
- Communications Officer at Bridge International
- Sales Executive Job at Sematime
- Career Opportunities at Daystar University