If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities is a state corporation established by an Act of Parliament; the Persons with Disabilities Act No. 14 of 2003 and set up in November 2004.
Chief Legal Officer Job Responsibilities
- Undertaking the duties of a Corporation Secretary as spelt out in the Mwongozo Code;
- Advising and representing the Council on all legal matters;
- Custodian of the Council’s legal documents;
- Liaising with other Government Agencies and other stakeholders on legal matters relating to Disability services;
- Undertaking Disability Law review;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance in the Council ;
- Identifying issues and areas for policy formulation and reform;
- Finalizing and ensuring Legislation and Gazettement issues of the Council;
- Advocating for legal rights of persons with disabilities;
- Finalizing on contracts, agreements, memoranda;
- Mentoring and supervision of staff working under them.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Chief Legal Officer Job
- Master’s Degree in Law (LLM)
- Eight (8) years’ practicing experience as a Legal Officer;
- Diploma in Legal Studies (Kenya School of Law);
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya and Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya;
- Certified Public Secretary CPS(K);
- Holder of a current practicing certificate.
- Computer Application skills.
- Have professional, Management and administrative skills;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
go to method of application »
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Driving a vehicle as authorized
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, tyre pressure, electrical and brake systems, etc
- Ensuring safety of passengers and/or goods,
- Administering first aid,
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems and any other occurrences,
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle
- Work ticket management; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for the Driver Job
- KCSE grade D or its equivalent;
- Two(2) years’ experience in Driving
- Current driving license free from any endorsement;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test 11 for drivers;
- First Aid training certificate lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John’s Ambulance or Kenya Council of
- Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- A valid certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competencies suit any of the above positions, please send your application quoting the reference of the position you are interested in on the envelope. Include your current CV with three referees, email and telephone contacts, photocopies of your certificates and other testimonials including a copy of your National Identity Card.
All Applications should be via the post office OR by hand delivery and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director National Council for Persons with Disabilities P 0 Box 66577 -00800 Nairobi – Kenya Attn: Chief Human Resource Management Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline date to receive applications is 9th Dec 2016 at 5:00 PM. Qualified and suitable persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The National Council for Persons with Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer