Career Opportunities at Path
Posted on: 24 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PATH
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
- Lead high-impact, HIV/AIDS service delivery at different levels of care.
- Provide technical expertise in rational packaging of priority HIV/AIDS health service delivery across the health system and their integration in publicly funded programs and/or private insurance schemes.
- Development and assessment of key inputs (including infrastructure and staffing standards) essential to delivery of HIV/AIDS health delivery services at different types of medical facilities.
- Develop individual and institutional capacities (from curricula development to their implementation) in health system strengthening, quality improvement and continuous professional development in HIV/AIDS health service delivery fields.
- Master’s Degree in public health or related field.
- At least seven years of experience in managing and implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in a development context, with at least five of those years in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Kenya.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team and in project design
- At least three years demonstrated state-of-the-art experience within the capacity at a mid- or senior level in these areas HIV/AIDS care and treatment, AND demonstrated experience in two of the following areas: quality improvement/ quality assurance; community health, human resources for health development; M&E; and operations research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Provide technical guidance, technical assistance and capacity building in health systems strengthening to strengthen integrated service delivery in HIV/AIDS.
- Develop and disseminate tools and training materials to strengthen the capacity of staff and local partners on health systems strengthening and activities in HIV/AIDS.
- Monitor implementation of health systems strengthening and HIV/AIDS health related activities in the field and ensure timely completion of objectives.
- Assemble and lead the health systems strengthening technical team to carry out assessments and capacity building exercises for local partners.
- Produce and present papers at local, regional and international forums to share experiences and best practices.
- Develop/produce contractual deliverables (quarterly, annual, field project evaluations, etc.) in conjunction with other key staff and external evaluators.
- Work closely with Project staff and implementing partners to identify, document, and disseminate best practices.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, international development, or other closely related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in the implementation and management of international development projects preferably within health.
- Broad understanding of public health in Kenya and knowledgeable in the area of primary health care and HIV/AIDS health.
- Proven skills in managing health related projects, building organizational capacity in health service delivery program and use of host country and community level mechanisms.
- Responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the program.
- Develop and manage the Project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program.
- Analyze monthly data and support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance.
- In collaboration with program and field staff, ensure successful implementation of M&E strategies and performance monitoring plans.
- Ensure quality, consistency and adherence to standards and best practices for M&E across the program, including data quality and use.
- Work collaboratively with key headquarters and country program staff to plan M&E activities, budgets, timelines, and level of effort requests.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for USAID.
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts both internally and externally, including participation in internal and external communities of practice and contribute to PATH’s knowledge management sites.
- Mentor junior M&E staff at headquarters and in the field as needed.
- Master’s degree in public health (international health, epidemiology, biostatistics, population) or related social sciences.
- 8- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience setting up and/or implementing routine data collection systems for health service delivery.
- Computer skills demonstrating competency in MS Office Suite and at least one statistical package such as Stata or SPSS.
- Demonstrated self-starter (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Experienced and proficient in writing reports and M&E sections of proposals, including performance monitoring plans for external audiences, and manuscripts for publication
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, including donors, Ministry of Health officials, local partners and other NGO’s.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PATHSimilar Jobs
- Volunteer Opportunity at Catchafire
- Career Opportunity at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
- Job Opportunities at Beacon of Hope - 4 Positions
- Head of Marketing at Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
- Career Opportunities at Education Development Trust - 5 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Villo Africa
- Medical Manager at Christian Mission Aid
- Land Specialist at UN Human Settlements Program