Headhunters is an international recruitment and staffing company with an in-depth focus on Recruitment in Africa. We recruit talent of the highest standard across African Sectors in Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities and Agriculture. As the African markets further grow and develop, our skills and expertise simultaneously grow too, ensuring that we deliver the best service for both clients and candidates. Our extensive candidate network built up over 8 years comprises the most diverse, skilled and experienced candidates.
Ongoing Assistance with Project Scheduling and Administration:
- Assist in-country project leadership with all planning activities such as setting up and coordinating project meetings and workshops.
- Assist in-country project leadership with the creation of project schedules and ensure schedules are baselined correctly and published on time (via EPM tool).
- Compile and maintain project dashboards, and ensure project plans are created and updated after each project progress meeting or project board meeting.
- Manage internal communication of all projects, including the project library.
- Provide administrative support to in-country project leadership, particularly for cross-functional projects.
Achievement of Project Governance Objectives:
- Ensure projects are run in accordance with Group PMO governance.
- Establish standards, tools, templates, charters, trackers, dashboards and procedures for use on specific projects encompassing issue, risk, change and information management and ensure these are used correctly.
- Review project activities for compliance with procedures and standards and escalate anomalies to relevant people.
- Follow-up on all relevant project documentation, status of actions and deliverables (e.g. PID, stakeholder plans, etc) and liaise with accountable Executive, Exco, senior stakeholders, Project Board and project teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Contribute towards promoting a project management culture within the organization by coaching and advising internal and external stakeholders on the use of relevant project methodologies and tools.
Tracking of Project Spend, Including Invoice Processing and Follow-Up:
- Track all project spend and provide information for reporting purposes.
- Co-ordinate invoice processing with external providers.
Accurate, Timely Reporting and MI:
- Convene meetings with in-country project steering committees to update them on progress of each project and assist them to make decisions on the way forward.
- Produce consolidated reporting to the in-country project board, including a milestone summary encompassing key issues, risks, benefits and costs incurred.
- Assist project leadership to collate weekly and/or monthly project progress reports.
- Ensure project information is reflected in real time.
- Collate reports and MI and perform basic quality and health checks, particularly for accuracy and integrity.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Build strong relationships across the project community.
- Lead by example in building strong internal and external relationships, displaying sound abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate and make presentations at all levels.
- Identify opportunities to leverage opportunities and share knowledge and lessons learnt.
- Relevant Business Degree.
- Project Management qualification is essential (e.g. CAPM and other project administration qualification).
- 5+ years’ Project Co-ordination Experience, preferably in financial services.
- Project Management experience across African Countries would be highly advantageous.
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive when necessary.
- Able to interact confidently with senior stakeholders.
- Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Deadline driven.
- Proactive, resilient and tenacious.
- Technical Pre-requisites.
- PRINCE2 Foundation, PM BOK and/or equivalent project management methodologies, skills and exposure.
- Proven project administration and project co-ordination skills.
- Experience of tracking activities across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current tools and templates.
- Knowledge of project governance, control and risk management.
- Experience of working in Africa (advantageous).
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite and MS Projects.
Programme and/or Project Management of Articulated Issues, Risks and Opportunities:
- Provide leadership around project scoping, management and measurement to address these across the business
- In collaboration with senior management and relevant stakeholders, facilitate / oversee the facilitation of workshops / sessions to research, analyse and understand underlying project motivations and core assumptions and key players’ motivations, agendas, roles and mandates
- Oversee the development and implementation of a communication strategy that translates strategic project objectives into clear action plans
- Set up governance frameworks and structures, e.g. monthly Steercos and manage the communication of project expectations and progress to team members and business stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Define project success criteria and communicate these to relevant stakeholders throughout projects’ life cycles
- Ensure completion of legal documentation for all projects
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope and/or budget
- Work with PMO teams to ensure business stakeholder have an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, issues and project progress
- In consultation with relevant stakeholders, develop project budgets
- Monitor project expenses and take action to manage and mitigate variances, and Identify and implement cost efficiencies
- Keep an accurate risk and issue tracking document with an associated mitigation plan
- Collaborate with Risk and Internal Audit to build and maintain a robust and integrated control environment
- Identify and mitigate risks to enable ROI, e.g. from an IT, regulatory and governance and/or tactical / strategic perspective
Stakeholder Engagement and Change Management:
- Display abilities to build relationships at all organisational levels, demonstrating sound abilities to listen, challenge, influence, present, guide and negotiate
- Play a strong stakeholder management and alignment role in holding and communicating the desired vision and strategy
- Ensure alignment to other strategic projects and initiatives
- Integrate opinions and information provided by various sources to make strategic decisions
- Represent the function on relevant internal and external bodies as required
Team Leadership, Management and Mentoring:
- Facilitate strategy formulation with PMO teams and project sponsors, set the pace and tone for the function and ensure everyone is focused on the right priorities
- Take full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Degree
- Project Management qualification essential (e.g. CAPM and other Project Administration Qualification)
- Post-Graduate Degree Advantageous
- 7-10+ years’ Senior Business Consulting experience combining stakeholder engagement at all levels, problem solving skills and exposure to relevant frameworks, processes and technology
- Project and programme management skills, e.g. Prince 2
- Programme Management experience across African Countries would be highly advantageous
- Process analysis and engineering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of banking
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Financial and operational risk management skills in a banking environment
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite and MS Projects
- Fluency in English essential
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.