If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100. The Group has interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 25 countries focusing on four core regions: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America.
The position holder will be responsible for providing expert logistics management for all aspects of Field Logistics requirements, with primary focus on Transport and Lifting. In the medium term plan this role is supposed to take on ownership of all field related materials and logistics activities at the supply base.
Logistics Job Key Responsibilities
- With support from the Land Transport Coordinator, manages all aspects of vehicle requirements for the field based operations including but not limited to: ensuring sufficient light and heavy vehicles are available to support the operations; that vehicles meet the required Tullow standards before and during operations; and that all drivers have undergone suitable training as per Tullow standards.
- Ensures that a register of all vehicles operating in the field is maintained and updated on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Review and update of current logistics policies and procedures to ensure that legislation is being adhered to, and that Tullow benefit from the use of industry best practices.
- Manages the flight operations at the Kapese air strip in conjunction with the Tullow appointed Aviation Contractor and their Team
- In conjunction with the National Content Coordinator ensures National Content requirements of both Tullow and its Contractors are met in the field operational area with respect to Logistics
- Ensure Logistics providers meet Tullow EHS standards, including compliance to vehicle inspection standards
Single point of contact for logistics support services for the Field operational area
- Manage receipt and storage of non-drilling materials, receipt and distribution of bulk fuel within the field operational area and the distribution of water via water tankers in the field operational area.
- Ad hoc support to the Field Operations Manager as required
Required Qualifications for the Logistics Job
- Minimum of a Diploma in Transport Management, Business Management related field. A degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years proven logistics experience
- Exposure within an Oil and Gas operating environment would be an added advantage.
- Projects and Operations logistics experience with an Operator would be an added advantage.
- Experience of exploration/appraisal/development drilling operations is desirable.
- Experience working in Africa on the above is preferred
- Prior experience in supervising a multi-disciplined work force while taking responsibility for their ongoing training and development as well as objective setting and appraisals.
- Solid expertise in land transport management and exposure to materials management practice.
- Problem solving skills, ability to multitask and work independently and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
go to method of application »
To contribute to optimization of national content objectives in Turkana by ensuring optimal stakeholder engagement to assure interruption free operations in Turkana.
The job holder will also contribute to the capacity building of Turkana businesses through identification of training gaps, engagement with potential development partners, targeted marketing of training programs and evaluation of training effectiveness.
Content Field Coordinator Job Key Responsibilities
- Liaise closely and work collaboratively with Nairobi-based SP, NC & C&P teams and Contract Holders to: establish from the Procurement Plan market sectors that require analysis for possible development action in Turkana, identify future opportunities for Turkana businesses in TKBV categories in accordance with local agreements, contribute to effective Contractor Performance Management, remedy non-compliant operational performance of Turkana Suppliers, monitor and investigate performance of Tullow non-Turkana Direct
- Supplier in delivering agreed LC and remedy through Contractor Performance Management processes.
- Engage with local stakeholders to ensure that: local expectations are realistic, NCT are aware of issues and expectations, communications are current, appropriate and accurate, NC & C&P procedures are understood, a feedback mechanism is in place, feasible Local Content opportunities are identified and that NCT acquires accurate knowledge of local businesses and stakeholders.
- Liaise closely and work collaboratively with Turkana based Social Investment and Social Performance teams.
- Organize and facilitate Supplier and Market specific events to establish engagement with TKBV SCM initiatives in Turkana.
- Regularly review resources required to establish an effective NC function in Turkana and submit justification to NCM.
- Through utilization of the Enterprise Development Centre facilitate performance improvement training, coaching and mentoring for Turkana businesses, Tullow’s and its Contractors’ Turkana suppliers
- Record and report relevant KPI’s to TKBV NCM and perform other duties as required by NCM
Required Qualifications for the Content Field Coordinator Job
- Post graduate education level in a business or similar related subject is desirable.
- Five years at a supervisory level in a deadline driven, contractually sensitive working environment.
- Proven successful experience in working as an interface is paramount.
- Substantive exposure to front line interaction with suppliers and clients is essential.
- Experience in training, developing and mentoring suppliers is critical.
- Experience with working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Self starter, a problem solver, and commercially aware.
- Promote and adhere to ethical business practices
Method of Application
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to: ADEPT SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Closing date: Wednesday 30th November 2016