If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
You will be working as a Commercial Leader within the GE Renewables Commercial Operations team for the GE’s Renewables Wind On-Shore business. You will be working on a range of deals within the Sub Saharan Africa region. This position shall be based in Nairobi (Kenya). The Commercial Leader primarily build, prepare and negotiate commercial offers (including the preparation of terms, conditions and internal costing information)
- Formulates and executes proposal strategy and sales agreements
- Formulates deal structure, pricing, proposal development.
- Assists in customer negotiations.
- Identifies new opportunities with functional partners to develop new products and services for business growth.
- Utilizes Lean Six Sigma methodologies to improve proposal process.
- Develops sales plan for a specific region. Products and systems requiring technical knowledge.
- Some customization to client conditions can be done.
- Cooperates with (technical) sales support to realize sales.
- Is leading a department with large estimated orders.
- Master’s degree from an accredited University
- Relevant experience in negotiating terms and conditions in power generation industry
- Relevant experience either in Marketing, Sales, Customer Service in the wind power industry or in power generation industry
- Relevant experience in wind power industry or in power generation industry.
- Strong skills in process analysis, problem solving, and strategy development
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Good Communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations
- Customer oriented
- Business acumen and strategic thinking
- Ability to work with cross-functional and cross-business teams
- Contemporary leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Integrative team working style, able to work into a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to make decisions in the face of limited or conflicting data
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Business Development skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness and ability to travel and work intensively during negotiation period
- Ability to manage multiple transactions and priorities simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for renewables and technology
- Previous experience in the field of negotiating multi million USD equipment contracts would be a strong advantage.
- Contemporary IT skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to General Electric - GE career website on xjobs.brassring.com to apply