- Maintain and operate the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Identify and locate all existing sensors and transmitters of engines and auxiliary equipment as well as test and substitute them if necessary.
- Carry out inspections of all electrical equipment and take corrective actions when needed.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lock out and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Ensure that the working area, machines, auxiliary equipment and tools are kept in good and clean condition.
- Identify and correct abnormalities of the engine excitation systems as well as the test the protection and supervision equipment of the systems.
- Create work reports according to guidelines.
- Communication skills
- Cooperative skills
- Cost effectiveness
- Self Management
- Teamwork skills
- Quality, safety, environment skills
- Utilize IM applications and IM tools
- BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Technical training
- One and a half ( 1 1/2) years’ experience in operation and/or maintenance of Power Plant
Contact person to give further information
Email : Nicholas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd career website on careers.fi to apply