Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and fisheries, seeks dynamic and result oriented persons to fill the following positions in its establishment.
Financial Controller Job Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Age 35 – 55 years.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- CPA (K) or ACCA,
- 5 years hands-on experience in a senior or similar position.
- Masters Degree in Finance/Strategic Management/Business Administration.
- Experience in Budgeting especially in Government systems will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of computer accounting packages.
- Team Leader with good interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet organisation’s financial targets.
Key Result Areas of the Financial Controller Job
- Formulating and reviewing finance and accounting procedures and policies.
- Effective management and utilization of resources and assets.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial accounts in line with approved Budgets.
- Timely preparation and presentation of financial statements to the CEO and the Board.
- Maintenance of accurate records and management of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Maintaining day-to-day, internal controls of accounting systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies relating to overall financial management of the organisation.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching and developing staff in the Division.
- Providing prudent and accurate financial advice to the Management and Board.
go to method of application »
PR Job Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Age 33 – 55 years
- Should have Bachelors degree in Social Sciences and Diploma in Mass Communication/Public Relations or
- Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication/Public Relations.
- Should have 5 years experience in senior management or similar position.
- Masters degree an added advantage.
- Should be computer literate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be a person of witty inventions and creation.
- Should posses outstanding abilities in dealing with people of diverse cultural background.
Key Result Areas
- Developing and nurturing a strong positive image of the Corporation both internally and externally.
- Formulating and implementing public relations strategies and programmes for the Corporation in line with the overall Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for developing, cultivating and sustaining good working relations among the staff, the media and the general public.
- Spearheading issuing of press releases, reaction to Media issues and proactive media reporting.
- Spearhead updating of ADC Website in consultation with ICT Department.
- Establishing Public Relations network with various stakeholders, individuals other organisations and
- Government bodies, in image promotion and close partnership.
- Responsible for production of publications, including newsletters, brochures and other reports in liaison with the Chief Executive Officer’s office.
- Responsible for Corporation’s annual events such as ASK shows, field days and other national events in the calendar year.
- Making travelling arrangements for the Chief Executive and the Board Members.
- Supervising and training staff within the Public Relations Department on public relations ethics and other related on-the-job training.
go to method of application »
Accountant Job Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Age 25 – 35 years.
- Must possess degree in B. Comm. (accounting option), Finance, Economics or Business Administration or any other relevant degree plus at least CPA II/CPA III Section 5 with a minimum 2 years hands-on experience.
- Good financial and accounting analytical skills.
- Conversant with the latest financial and accounting management techniques.
- Conversant with the current accounting computer packages.
Key Result Areas of the Accountant Job
- Assisting in the preparation and maintaining of effective financial accounting systems to conform with accepted accounting standards.
- Assisting in the drawing up of final accounts and balance sheets for individual departments and section.
- Analysis of the final accounts before submitting for further analysis and verification.
- Direct involvement in the writing books of accounts.
- Interpreting of the final accounts and advising of the accounting implications.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates should apply, quoting the position reference number on the envelop, attach certified copies of their academic and professional certificates and must submit current clearance certificates of:-,
- Good Conduct,
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Form, Higher Education Loans Board,
- Credit Reference Bureau,
- Copy of national identification card/passport
- Detailed resume giving telephone contact, e-mail address, names and contacts of three (3) referees and expected salary on or before 16th December, 2016 to:-
- The Managing Director Agricultural Development Corporation P.O. Box 47101-00100 NAIROBI
- Or drop at Development House, 10th floor ADC is an equal opportunity employer
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.