Kiambu County is a county in the former Central Province of Kenya. Its capital is Kiambu and its largest town is Thika. The county is adjacent to the northern border of Nairobi County and has a population of 1,623,282
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
- Perform audit assignments including proper planning and developing audit programs;
- Carry out routine continuous audits, compile quality and timely detailed relevant and objective reports;
- Review the adequacy of internal controls;
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of records and reports;
- Verify the existence and safety of government assets;
- Review budgetary controls on the issuance of authority to incur expenditure and commitments.
Internal Auditor Job Qualifications
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting/Finance Option) plus CPA part II or CIA Part III or must have passed CPA part III or CIA part IV or equivalent;
- Must have excellent computer skills;
- High level of integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Two (2) years experience.
go to method of application »
Director Water and Sanitation Job Qualifications
- Bachelor of Technology / BSc. Civil Engineering/ BSc. Water and Environmental Engineering/ Higher Diploma in Water Engineering or related field from a recognised University with a 10 years experience in the field of water and sanitation and other related fields;
- Must be able to design or oversee projects involving provision of potable water, disposal of waste water and sewage infrastructure, or prevention of flood-related damage;
- Must be able to prepare environmental documentations for water resources;
- Must be able to prepare regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work;
- Perform hydraulic modelling and pipeline design;
- Must be computer literate in relevant computer aided design knowledge and skills.
Responsibilities for the Director Water and Sanitation Job
- Assignment of work, check and manage work allocated to juniors;
- Coordinate and take responsibility of all work related to water and sanitation within the County;
- Program and ensure all deadlines on water and sanitation infrastructure development and provision are met;
- Ensure that all designs, reports and drawings produced by him/her and the team are complete and signed at relevant levels;
- Ability to work with other institutions and coordinate implementation of projects and programs related to water and sanitation within the County;
- Draft performance reporting for Water Service Providers and other staff working in the Department;
- Effectively deal with queries from junior staff, enlisting the help of supervisors where necessary;
- Ensure that all aspects of work in the department are handled strictly in accordance to the County Government of Kiambu quality management systems;
- Ability to use support staff where applicable to accomplish set goals;
- Compliant with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on integrity.
- He/ She must be organised, diligent, practical and hardworking
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have exceptional administrative capabilities and report writing skills.
- Ability to prioritise own work loads and work under pressure
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to be persuasive and diplomatic
- Ability to resolve conflict among staff
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Good decision making skills.
- Ability to be Assertive and diplomatic.
- Must be a team player as well as able to use their initiative to solve complex problems
Method of Application
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to: The Secretary County Public Service Board P O Box 2362 – 00900KIAMBU Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided on the first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices – Room 103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays. Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2016) documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the 22nd December, 2016. Shortlisted candidates will be required during the interview to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.