Career Opportunities at Langata Hospital
Posted on: 13 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Langata Hospital
Langata Hospital was founded in June 2005 as a medical center and was licensed as a hospital in December 2005 . It continues to grow and expand its services and has become a reputable and an excellent health care institution of repute in Nairobi.Based on the needs and developments in medical care the hospital has embarked upon a policy of regularly updating its technical and other services to keep in par with the latest developments in medicine.
- Promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process
- Collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members
- Providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families
- Supervising assigned team members
Responsibilities for the Nurse Job
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals
- Teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills;
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards
- Measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Making or recommending necessary adjustments
- Following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing,
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Nurse Job Qualifications
- 3 Years minimum working experience
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Bedside Manner
- Infection Control
- Nursing Skills
- Physiological Knowledge
- Administering Medication
- Medical Teamwork
- Keen to details
- Verbal Communication
- Health Promotion
go to method of application »
Responsibilities for the Chef Job
- Preparation of patient’s meals according to the menu;
- Able to read and prepare special menu’s;
- Keeping the kitchen environment clean within the hospital acceptable standards;
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Attends meetings as assigned and/or required;
- Involves himself/herself in hospital activities.
Method of Application
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Langata HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Maua Methodist Hospital - 5 Positions
- Human Resources Manager at Philips
- Senior Scientist Health Informatics at Philips
- Job Opportunities at Meridian Health Group
- IT Manager at Medanta Africare
- Radiographer at Medicross
- EAST Africa Restorative Therapies Group Manager at Medtronic
- Kenya Registered Perioperative Nurse (KRPON) at Aga Khan Hospital