Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Mission Improve the operational effectiveness of our client, by developing solutions that build the internal capacities and capabilities. Our Vision To become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa.
Operations Manager Job Responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of all departments in the organization. Ensure proper reports are given, receive copies of daily brief report. Plan and have a weekly meeting with the department heads for review of each department and a general review report of the HODs at the end of the month with the Directors ensure you make a presentation for this.
- Logistics management: The operations manager ensures that the running of the company vehicles and equipment are all up to date and being utilized for productivity. The manager may request for reports from the main supervisor for Fleet manager, HQ team, Warehouse team and analyses the finding and advise the directors on how best to utilize the team.
- Financial & Budgeting – Review financial statements and data with the HOD to check the plan. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company. Supervises the accounts team on the current work being done. Control the Stock and Inventory team by supervising and reviewing their reports and action plan given for the year.
- Communication –All internal and external communication to be passed for approval through you before it share to all staff. Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, marketing and Customer Service – Reviewing our marketing strategy and creating a budget for it to suite Organization Goals. Evaluating the marketing plan by the sales and marketing department. Manage customer support by delegating to the proper department. Plan and support sales and marketing activities by giving out suggestion and review what current is being done to improve sale. Approval all budgets for marketing as per agreed figure with Directors
- Strategic Input – Reviewing the current Organizational goals and see what has been achieved and Liaison with top management how to move the company to the next level. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans. Survey for new opportunities for the Company’s expansion.
- Manage support services: Each support service has its own set of capabilities and key responsibility areas that finally contribute to the organizational goal. The operations manager plays a vital role in maximizing the output of the various support services such as Branch outlets, IT, CCTV, Administration staff, warehouse staff, finance and HR.
- Managing third party relations: Review all contracts for the service providers before Directors can sign off. You need to ensure that standard procedures are followed when third parties are hired to offer products or services to the company. Also, the manager needs to ensure that the necessary administrative and legal formalities are completed. Lastly, the manager ensures that the third party properly executes the agreed terms and conditions.
- Review will be done in three months, any assistance required kindly don’t hesitate to ask.
- Any other duties called upon to assist by the management.
Qualifications for the Operations Manager Job
- Preferably a Degree in business management, administration or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role
- 4 years’ experience in leadership role
- Working background in Shoe and fashion retail industry preferred
- Computer literate
- Strong public relations skills
- Speedy action and proactive
- Ability to work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will be fully in charge and ensure hotel financial resources are managed professionally, safeguarded from possible loss and utilised optimally.
Head of Finance Job Key Duties
- Continually reviewing and upgrading accounting systems and procedures in line with the company’s operating systems, internal control requirements and shareholder instructions.
- Put the necessary financial plans in place, including budgets and implementing appropriate budgetary controls.
- Support the Group General Manager in each business unit with their strategic planning and business review process.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and statements, monitor working capital and manage cash balances by initiating/executing appropriate actions including the investment of excess cash and inter-account transfers.
- Develop income and expenditure accounts and tax returns.
- Produce periodic and ad hoc management reports as required in line with IFRS.
- Analyse variances, explore potential problems with Department Heads and identify solutions.
- Support investment projects by providing inputs to the budgeting process and analysis of projections.
- Periodically conduct stock takes and value the Group’s stocks for purposes of reporting.
- Support Managers with costing process
- Manage foreign accounts and ensure that foreign currency holding levels are maintained at an optimal standard that enables the company to meet spending commitments.
- Generate treasury reports and bring up issues that need action.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial and management reports
- Ensure that the company complies with the country’s laws relating to corporate and other taxes, including accurate computation, declaration and payment.
- Set and evaluate performance standards for departmental staff.
- Maintain relationships with the company’s banks, suppliers and other service providers so as to ensure that the company receives timely, quality and cost efficient services at all times.
Qualifications for the Head of Finance Job
- Degree in accounting or financial management.
- CPA (K) or the equivalent
- 8 years’ experience from the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- Experience in planning, budgeting and costing
- Experience with Oracle hospitality systems (Opera, MC, Sun, etc) is a must.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: Sheerlogictalentsourcing1@gmail.com on or before 24th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “OPERATIONS MANAGER” or “HEAD OF FINANCE”