If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
THE SWISSPORT PROFILE Swissport
is the world's largest provider of ground and cargo handling services in the aviation industry. The company provides services on behalf of some 835 client-companies and handles around 230 million passengers and 3.9 million flights (movements) per year. The company operates around 120 warehouses and moves approx. 4.1 million tonnes of cargo. With a workforce of around 61,000 personnel, Swissport is active at more than 280 stations in 48 countries across five continents, and generates annual consolidated operating revenue of CHF 3.0 billion. MISSION STATEMENT: To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor- made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience. In order to achieve the goal of our mission, Swissport is focused on consolidating and strengthening our market position to ensure we are constantly driving industry innovation in key areas such as service, quality and reliability. Swissport is a people-focused organisation – without our people we simply cannot meet our goals and achieve our vision. As such, we focus on the principles of sustainability and compliance, living by the “Three Ps”: People Professionalism Partnership The ongoing professional development of the people within the Swissport family ensures that: We show respect towards our people and their values; we do not compromise on safety and work with enthusiasm and enjoyment. We are pioneers; working constantly on achieving sustainable results, we creatively explore new options and improved solutions. Continually striving to exceed the expectations of our clients and our commitments, we deliver excellent service; in any place at any time. GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF OPERATIONS Swissport currently operates in 48 countries. BUSINESS POLICY Swissport is recognized as the benchmark in terms of value for money, customer dedication, and cost management. The company has established a global reputation for being a valued business partner, not only because of its financial resources and modern ground support equipment, but also due to its intangible assets, particularly management expertise and a brand name that stands for superior quality.
Job Role Summary
The Head of Regional Fleet Management is a key member of the regional headquarters management team responsible for leading the implementation, development and continuous improvement of cost effective fleet management solutions; assuring compliance with SPI mandated fleet management policy; identifying and sharing best practice and project managing the implementation of fleet management systems.
Fleet Management Job Main Responsibilities
- Align with global fleet management strategies and assure regional compliance
- Develop and communicate regional plans that reflect global requirements and the vision to be the industry leader in fleet management
- Lead the regional implementation of all fleet management activities related to asset, maintenance and inventory management
- Take functional responsibility for the through life management of the all fleet assets for ramp, cargo, deicing and fueling operations
- Develop short and long term fleet replacement plans based upon business needs, equipment reliability, maintainability, cost, quality, and operational efficiency
- Maintain oversight of all related fleet management costs to ensure that total cost of equipment ownership is managed effectively through life
- Lead the development of a KPI driven performance management culture within the regional fleet management team
- Monitors operational availability of fleet assets taking proactive action to address areas of concern and SLA targets that are not met
- Reports on a regular basis to the regional management team on all KPI’s, major projects, roll out and developments
- Lead the drive to achieve outstanding preventative maintenance in order to improve equipment reliability and reduce costs
- Take ownership and development of regional fleet management Local Operating Procedures, ensuring compliance through a regular audit program
- Lead the development of lean processes that will eliminate waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Drive an ethos of continuous improvement through identifying, communicating and instilling best practice consistently across the region
- Apply Lean 5S principles to ensure that workshops, parts stores and all maintenance areas are well organized, clean, safe and efficiently functional
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and advice to fleet functional teams to ensure full alignment, unity of purpose and help them resolve critical fleet management issues.
- Provide Procurement with feedback on equipment reliability and supplier performance in supporting equipment through life
- Collaborate with Safety on any incidents or accidents involving equipment
- Lead equipment design improvements that improve operational performance, reliability and safety
- Act as the fleet management Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing advice and guidance up, across and down the regional chain of command
- Participate in global fleet management forums and workshops to help develop the Swissport Fleet Management System
Qualifications and Competencies for the Fleet Management Job
- Higher level of education, preferably Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or fleet management field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operational fleet management roles; preferably in the aviation sector
- Previous experience as a GSE workshop manager highly desirable
- Experience in developing requirements documents, formulating plans and managing roll-outs effectively
- Experience of working in a performance management culture driven by KPIs
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple locations and at various levels
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; clearly able to articulate position with clarity at all levels
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region (50%)
go to method of application »
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that operational excellence is delivered without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Warehouse Team Leader Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Staff engagement – provide direction and guidance to a team pre, during and post flight towards achieving operational excellence.
- Develop and foster good relations with customers, authorities and industry stakeholders.
- Provision of excellent customer service through various customer touch points i.e. face to face, email and telephone interactions.
- Provision of accurate information to accounts to enable correct billing.
- Team management and resource planning through effective duty allocations.
- Ensure implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Operations Managers.
- Ensure proper documentation has been generated, checked and confirmed for goods passing through our warehouse.
- Maintain general security of the warehouse in accordance with SCS procedures.
- Observe health & safety measures to ensure and maintain safe working conditions.
- Ensure full compliance to Customer Airline and Regulatory requirements.
Qualifications for the Warehouse Team Leader Job
- Education: KCSE Mean C+, IATA Cargo certification and computer proficiency.
- Professional Experience: Aviation industry experience preferred/Management course.
- Experience: At least 2 years in a busy operational environment.
- Proven track record in managing teams and operating in a cargo environment is an added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills.
Method of Application
- Your application letter and CV Only should be forwarded via email:
- The Human Resource Manager Swissport Kenya Limited P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
- Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
- In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Be part of the team that is recognized worldwide for excellence and quality!
- Closing Date: December 29th 2016