(formerly Muchekehu Nyakang’o & Co.) is a firm of Certified Public Accountants, established in Nairobi in 1985, and has evolved over the years through mergers and re-organizations to become the firm it is today.
Responsibilities for the Company Secretary Job
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be required but not limited to;
- Serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors
- Ensure effective management of legal risks through compliance with legal norms and corporate governance standards
- Monitor the operating environment and advising the company on the necessary policy changes in line with changes in the law and regulatory environment.
- In liaison with the company advocates, conduct legal research and render advise to the company as necessary
- Analyse insurance matters and advise Management on the same
- Ensure timely filling of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Formulate Company policies and other contractual documents
- Handle litigation and conveyance issues in liaison with the company advocates
- Perform any other relevant duty as assigned by the Managing Director
Requirements for the Company Secretary Job
- Graduate from a recognized university preferably with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries
- Computer proficiency
- At least 5 years practical experience
- Certification in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving, negotiation, inter-personal relations, team building, effective time management, leadership and organization skills
Method of Application
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th January 2017.