Career Opportunities at G4S
Posted on: 5 January, 2017
Deadline: 31 January, 2017
View Jobs in Security
View All Jobs at G4S
G4S is the leading global, integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security services and solutions to customers. Our mission is to create material, sustainable value for our customers and shareholders by being the supply partner of choice in all our markets.
- Manage the provision of quality Electronic Security Systems (ESS) solutions, integrated with the other G4S services
- Compliance with legislation, company policies, processes and procedures
- Meeting risk needs and security considerations resulting in satisfied customers.
- Achievement of budgeted financial targets and business strategy.
- Define and implement the ESS Strategy
- Identify key industry trends and market trends
- Identify long term priorities and ensure resourcing is adequate to achieve objectives
- Ensure strategy is aligned with the overall G4S Kenya strategy
- Analyse and identify key business challenges and identify interventions where appropriate
- Ensure targeted financial performance
- Achieve set Revenue Growth:
- Organic Growth achieved against budget
- Escalations achieved against budget
- Gross Margin Improvement:
- Direct Labour control / % improvement
- Direct Other cost reduction / % improvement
- Contract profitability against budget
- Manage profitability of contracts with a focus on maintenance, sustainability, cost effectiveness and labour
- PBITA improvement / budget achievement
- Overhead cost control:
- Overhead % compared with budget
- Overhead cost reduction
- Number of claims / claim value reduction
- Manage cash flow:
- DSO management
- Debt increase beyond 60 days
- Bad debt movement into 180 days
- CAPEX spent vs. budget
- Progress/ success of new business achieved vs. budget:
- Large bid participation
- Identification of new customers and business opportunities
- Design Security Solutions (integrated with other service lines)
- Maintain and develop integrated solutions and services
- Provision of a customized customer specific solution, based on risk assessment
- Deliver customer service resulting in customer retention
- Ensure that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minutes of meetings are documented
- Maintenance of positive customer relationships
- Meet customer retention targets
- Improve the current customer satisfaction ratings year on year
- Monitor and review customer satisfaction levels across the division, focusing on the critical areas for each product line
- Build a culture of customer awareness and service across the business, to ensure individuals are equipped to make the right decisions.
- Actively build networks and influence with relevant decision makers ensuring that the company has an appropriate profile in the market.
- Develop and maintain internal relationships in order to foster close working relationships with CSS, MSS and Courier customers.
- Develop and maintain external relationships in order to foster close working relationships with all strategic customers.
- Review audits and quality assessments, review correction plan in place and implementation plan.
- Review management information systems and develop strategy and correction initiatives.
- Ensure targeted/ contracted operational performance
- Achieve targeted Quality Audit rating, correction plan in place and implemented
- Conduct and oversee quality controls and inspections (including sub-contractors where applicable)
- Manage the maintenance / project process flow and activities that has a direct/indirect impact on the outcome and success of contract
- Implement of best practice obtained from other businesses within the Group or external (includes policy alignment)
- Oversee and audit operational processes and procedures to ensure the best effect and manage changes where required;
- Develop & Oversee the operational Quality Assurance Plan and Operations manual for the Division;
- Enforce the strict sign-off procedure for operational integrity is executing between Sales and operations, at the beginning and end of Projects;
- Liaise with other key functional areas such as Sales, Finance, Logistics and Procurement in order to ensure optimum technology delivery is achieved;
- Monitor and control work flow in branches and Project teams
- Monitor KPI output on performance of the National Control Centre
- Measure and monitor adherence to project deadlines and deliverables
- Ensure effective and efficient employee management
- Employee turnover analysis, proper allocation of employees to work flow and job requirements
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with management team and ensure cascading through the organization as appropriate
- Monitor performance and provide feedback
- Cost effective utilization of billable hours
- Employees’ training needs are identified and have good attendance of scheduled training interventions
- Develop a high performing team with a mix of technical expertise and operational awareness.
- Maintain good employee motivation levels
- Ensure that performance assessments of all employees are conducted, and corrective action implemented where necessary
- Ensure that all employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code, maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work
- Ensure all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Succession Planning in place, updated and practiced
- Hold management team meetings
- Accurately and frequently communicate with employees in department
- Ensure maximum participation in Employee survey and action planning
- Ensure the Health and Safety of employees and customers
- Demonstrate visible leadership in Health & Safety to attain the goal of zero harm
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Management or Operations Management
- Finance related subjects compulsory
- Service Delivery subjects compulsory
- Post graduate degrees are advantageous
- East Africa market (preference given to Kenya market experience)
- Kenya legislation
- Technology (ESS) products and services
- Risk Assessments
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Operations Management
- Security Industry advantageous
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience at Senior Management level
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Bidding and Tendering
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- ERP system(s)
- Google suite of products
Behavioural Skills - Leadership
- Shaping the market environment
- Setting strategic direction
- Creating change and innovation
- Engaging and inspiring people
- Driving superior performance
- Simplifying the complex
Reporting to the Regional Commercial Director and working with the Africa and East Africa Regional Management teams, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the strategy across a matrix organisation, ensuring the development of integrated secure solutions contracts with corporate and government business partners within the sectors across the East Africa region. Key performance areas will include the achievement of defined revenue targets, the development of organisational capacity, the growth of the integrated secure solutions business, as well as project management and the negotiation of major bids.
- Act as a catalyst to develop and implement the integrated secure solutions strategy in the Technology sector for the region in line with Group strategy.
- Business generation through building a customer base and solutions revenue in the Technology sector.
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive market intelligence, competitor analysis and product line analysis in providing Technological integrated security solutions.
- Assist in the coordination of the business development strategy, along with the Regional Commercial Director, Global Sector Heads, Country Managers and regional specialists, leveraging Group input and knowledge.
- Ensure the region has the capability in terms of business development resources and the necessary components to bid for and deliver sector-specific solutions in relevant business (technology partnerships, risk assessment capability, consultancy style selling skills etc.).
- Mobilise intra-regional resources across the East Africa region and globally as necessary.
- Input into the overall regional strategy development and implementation, as well as facilitation of necessary changes to sales and business development structures and processes to align them with the strategy.
- Direct involvement in leading and negotiating major bids on optimal commercial/risk terms.
- Ensure pricing, risk and commercial contract terms are appropriately applied in businesses and that price increase strategies are developed and applied.
- Development of high level relationships and account management with existing and potential major customers.
- Share best practices, focussing on knowledge management across centres of excellence and specialisation.
- Ensure appropriate customer measures and KPIs are maintained at business and Africa regional level.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant formal tertiary qualification at the level of a 4 year professional degree (Master’s degree advantageous).
- Strong background in service sector management and business development, with specific focus in the Security Technology industry.
- Extensive experience at senior management level.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Experience in the development of business and negotiation of large bids and tenders in the East Africa region.
- In-depth knowledge of key sector opportunities across the region.
- A proven track record in driving business development strategy.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with senior team members from diverse cultural environments.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in complex and diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to identify key issues in complex business situations, analyse and understand causation and context, crossing the barriers of languages and culture and then model a range of options and develop appropriate responses.
- Autonomous and results-orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about G4SSimilar Jobs
- Security Expert EOM at GEOS Group