Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves using data to solve problems and build campaigns, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- An analytical rockstar. You love data, and consult numbers to make the best business decisions and ensure positive ROI.
- Skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Born to network and negotiate. You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- A utility player. You’re ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem. “Not in my job description” is not in your vocabulary.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional English and Swahili writing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to generate user signups and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
You’ll be tasked with growing the Uber brand across Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, whilst working with the rest of the marketing team to grow the business across Sub-Saharan Africa. As the voice of Uber in East Africa, some responsibilities will include:
- Dive into data, identify growth opportunities, execute experiments, and scale out wins across the region
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to best understand Uber’s customers. Use these insights to guide the marketing strategy
- Execute strategic partnerships with local entities and events
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook & other relevant sites and actively participate in discussions across communities, social networks & blogs
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Uber experience in front of new users.
- Spread the UberLOVE through creating exciting blog & social web content.
- Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about exploring your city and being saved from the depressing alternatives.
- Marketing, sales or business development experience preferred but not required.
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Local experience working across East African geographies.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (Both verbal and written).
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WordPress, etc.) a plus.
- Influencer amongst your friends and community.
- SQL experience is a plus
- Support the daily operations through operational oversight and analysis
- Handle escalations of more difficult support interactions
- Manage scheduling, attendance, and general administration of Uber Experts
- Train, coach, and guide Experts to drive quality and efficiency metrics
- Own facility issues such as supplies, utilities, and branding
- Improve processes on behalf of Uber Experts and partners
- Actively contribute to the GL program through project work
- Must have have a Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated background in solving complex customer problems
- Customer support team management experience strongly preferred
- Previous sales experience highly preferred
- A problem solver. You’re ready to tackle complex customer problems without hesitation.
- A mentor. You’re able to guide and coach your team to improve performance effectively.
- Independent. You’re ready to manage a GL while balancing multiple priorities.
- Analytical. You use metrics and data to guide and drive your decisions.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Opportunity to help shape the future of Partner Support Centers at Uber
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.