Scope of Work
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the ESARO BEGE Education Specialist (RBM), the consultant will create a set of templates based on which country and regional briefs can be produced based on background information of the country-contexts and the OOSC in each country.
To Meet These General Objectives, It Is Estimated That The Consultant Will Need To Meet At Least The Following Specific Objectives
- Coordinate with the consultant responsible for the production of analyses, writing fact sheets and estimation of indicators on OOSC in ESAR to produce the necessary templates into which the information can be migrated to produce regional and country briefs.
- Design a graphic design line for the briefs.
- Produce the necessary templates (three to five base on the explanations provided in section three below).
- Design and document the mechanism to make the transference of information from the data sets produced by the analyst into the templates (so that updates on the data can be transferred into the templates in the future).
- Merge the data produced by the analyst into a first set of briefs.
- Provide details/reference to AWP areas covered:
This assignment is part of the ESARO BEGE Rolling Work Plan 2015-2016, 240R/AO/09/001/005/006, specifically linked to the deliverable 11 "Technical Assistance: 21 Country Offices provided with later knowledge, approaches and tools to improve education analysis and programming and monitoring for results."
- Activities and Tasks. Indicative number of days.
- Produce a detailed work plan (1 days).
- Discuss with the supervisor to gain a full understanding of the tasks expected.
- Receive from the supervisor all documentation available.
- Hold one or more virtual meetings with the supervisor and the analyst to acquire inputs into the format and graphic line the briefs should adopt.
- Develop a detailed work plan in a format agreed upon with the supervisor.
Deliverable: (a) Detailed work-plan.
- Propose a graphic design line for ESAR briefs, including colour scheme, recommended images, fonts, background colours and any other relevant elements (20 days).
Deliverable: (b) Graphic design line, including the manual that provides information on the color schemes, the arts of images that will be employed (e.g., the characters recommended to illustrate the texts), fonts, and all other relevant elements.
- Develop graphic templates in a Microsoft Office application or another open-source software. These templates should be amenable to automatized transfer of data as will be explained in the following item (9 days).
Deliverables: (c) Template for country briefs on OOSC. (d) Template for regional brief on OOSC. (e) Template for fact sheet on the country.
- Systematization of the process by which the data produced by the analyst is transferred to the templates (6 days).
Deliverables: (f) Manual of the process of transfer of data to the briefs. (g) All scripts, syntax or formatted files (e.g., excel spreadsheets that include the formulas, macros or tables necessary to create the brief) necessary for the transfer of the data into the templates.
- A full set of regional and country briefs based on the information produced by the analyst (3 days).
Deliverables: (h) A full set of briefs in soft copy.
- A briefing or presentation of the graphic line, the use of the templates and the first set of briefs (1.50 days).Deliverables: (i) A brief or presentation of the graphic line, the use of the templates and the first set of briefs. (j) Delivery of the presentation to BEGE and BEGE´s guests through virtual conferencing.
- Conduct revisions requested by supervisor after briefing/presentation to ensure all deliverables meet UNICEF quality criteria (4.5 days).
Deliverables: (k) All deliverables with the required amendments.
The consultant will be supervised by the ESARO BEGE Education Specialist (RBM), under the overall guidance of the Regional Education Adviser. When/if necessary, virtual meetings will be organized with other sections (e.g., PPME, C4D) or Country Offices.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on unjobfinder.org to apply