The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Health Informatics Job Responsibilities
- Support EMR roll-out and implementation in EGPAF Kenya supported facilities.
- Support regular, complete, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
- Implement quality assurance strategy to improve EMR data in all supported sites
- Support in implementation and maintenance of a robust EGPAF Kenya Knowledge Management System (EKMS).
- Coordinate capacity building session to EGPAF staff, MoH and other stakeholders on health informatics related activities including EMR and use of m-health solutions.
- Support in entry/import/export of data in/from EKMS, PEPFAR database (DATIM)and DHIS2
- Support in roll-out and implementation of m-health solution to facilitate real time data transmission and report sharing.
Qualifications for the Health Informatics Job
- At least a diploma in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology
- Over 3 years’ experience is similar or related position
- Experience in EMR design, roll-out and implementation
- Experience in SQL database design and administration
- Knowledge of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite) and database programming including stored procedures, triggers and functions required
- Familiarity with MOH EMR standards and knowledge of Open MRS
- Proficient in statistical analysis packages (SPSS/STATA/R etc)
- Experience with managing and coordinating teams
- Ability to build and manage strong working relationships among diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Commendable knowledge & skill in monitoring & evaluation activities
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Elizabeth Glaser career website on chj.tbe.taleo.net to apply