If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of €26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
The role will be responsible for repairs & maintenance of machines, equipment, tools and utility systems, and overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules of all machinery and equipment mostly CNC machines to ensure continuous production operations.
- Manage maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of electric power, water and air required for operations.
- Train and supervise machine operators to perform basic preventive maintenance
- Ensure efficient repair schedules to keep the factory equipment working at optimum efficiency and controlled cost.
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts in line with production, quality and safety plans and requirements
- Control and monitor inventory for spare parts and place orders when necessary
- Keep maintenance logs and reports on daily activities
- Ensure Occupational Safety & Health Administration standards and policies are complied with.
- Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labour and materials.
- Continuously recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations.
- Ability to undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
Skills And Experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively while delivering under pressure
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong Electrical and mechanical Troubleshooting skills
- Be able to Work within approved budget, develops and implement cost saving measures, and Conserve organizational resources.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering- Electrical, mechanical or Mechatronics
- At least 5 years experience in maintenance operations
- Working knowledge of CNC Metal punching & bending machines will be an added advantage.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications and schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The role will be responsible for managing supplier selection, consultation and contract negotiations according to commodity strategy.
- Ensure the application of the commodity strategy and Key and Challenger (K&C) supplier panel.
- Propose actions (Quality and Value Engineering, rebalancing) within his/her perimeter in consistency with commodity strategy.
- Manage supplier consultation & selection, according to commodity strategy.
- Manage supply qualification; negotiate and manage contracts with local/specific suppliers
- Contribute to the purchasing database update by providing necessary information to commodity managers / supplier leaders / plants update database of spend; update specific basis.
- First escalation level for supplier crisis management.
- Implement the quality and cost reduction objective related to action plan/productivity program (GPS, Quality and Value Engineering, rebalancing).
- Develops and implements operational plans and processes to ensure adequate product availability service levels which meet internal/external customer needs.
- Directs measurement of inventory investment and customer and plant service levels.
- Resolves root cause problems or impediments to ensure smooth flow of goods to customers.
- Analyzes slow-moving, surplus inventories and recommends appropriate actions.
- Maintains integrity of inventory management systems, ensuring operational effectiveness.
- Utilizes marketing and demand forecast to determine optimum inventory stocking levels.
- Define and set up the Inventory management rules and methodology with entities.
- Work out and insure the consistency of Inventory parameter (safety stock, Re Order Point (ROP), Replenishment rules, Master data).
- Able to work independently and responsibly with minimal supervision
- Good strategic planner
Skills and Experience:
- Negotiation skills and Data analytics
- Inventory management and demand planning
- University degree in supply chain management, procurement or a business related field
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
- Minimum 3 years’ procurement/supply chain/demand planning experience
- Good understanding of Schneider-Electric’s products and competitors’ is an added advantage
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.