is a chain of outpatient Medical Centres that offer the highest quality outpatient care for the whole family and unbelievable patient experiences at surprising affordable costs. Open since 2012, we now operate two of the busiest and most well respected Medical Centres in Kitengela, Umoja and we aim to be operating 50+ medical centres across Nairobi by 2020.
We are bringing on an Admin Assistant to join our People department at our support office along Lusaka Road. This position offers the opportunity to take your passion for working with people and work for a company that deeply cares about its staff and patients. If you’ve ever been curious about managing an office and making it the “GREATEST and MOST FUN” place for your teammates to work in, or you’ve been thinking about a career in HR but don’t know how to get started, this is the job for you! We are happy to take someone with the least experience in this and train from the ground up!
Key Benefits Of This Position Are
- Work with great team members from different backgrounds.
- A wide range of responsibility that will help shape up your career in the HR field!
- Learn fast about a million things!
- Create a “GREAT” atmosphere for the team at the Support Office.
- Office Space Management.
- Maintain an organized and up to date database and records of all Company and Staff related documents.
- Organize and manage both support office and company events well.
- Petty Cash Management.
- Work with our Medical Centre and Chemist Staff and ensure their licenses are always renewed in time.
- Work with all managers to ensure performance reviews and confirmations are done on time.
- Work with the Finance Team to ensure statutory deductions and Supplier payments are made on time.
- Support the entire Penda Team on anything and everything to enable them to work towards making our patient experience the “BEST” hence enabling us to achieve our Vision and Mission.
- Make sure you and your teammates love their work. It’s a part of your job. Work well with others. Go above and beyond what is expected from you.
- Ensure maintenance of a healthy working relationship with teammates
We’re a startup – get ready for anything!
- Available full time & strong computer skills
- Highly organized and detailed with excellent communication skills
- Loves talking with and learning about people
- A creative thinker who works well as part of a team
- No prior experience in HR is needed
- Sales experience would be a plus!
- Starting salary depends on experience and abilities
- Ongoing salary is determined by performance and attitude
- Strong benefits package including full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
The Area Manager will directly witness the impact of their work during visits to the clinics and meeting with patients. They will be able to see it in the smiles of Penda’s Staff and Patients. Being the first Area Manager, this role offers plenty of opportunities for growth including a unique opportunity of shaping up the role.
Responsibilities for the Area Manager Jobs in Kenya
Implement Systems and Processes
- Lead the implementation of new processes for all teams with a focus on team buy-in and ownership
- Build rapport within and between teams to ensure smooth implementation
- Proactively keep teams on track and updated
- Streamline activities across all clinics by ensuring Branch Managers meet Penda quality standards and adhere to Penda’s policies so as to guarantee maintenance of the high quality of service
Build, coach, and manage Teams
- Coach Branch Managers to become great managers by building their skills and creating growth opportunities
- Create a positive environment for giving and receiving feedback by talking and listening to staff
- Manage conflict and difficult conversations
- Recruit awesome Branch Managers and support them to recruit their teams
- Be a champion for culture and team integration by sharing exciting stories about the branches with the Support
- Office team and motivating the branch teams
- Create buy-in for new processes and systems
- Interpret data and analyse patient numbers in order to drive smart decisions
- Identify errors and challenges and propose solutions to Branch Managers and Central office
- Own the success of the branches – acknowledge when business is going well, but be laser focused on areas of
- improvement and suggest new initiatives to the product teams
Qualifications for the Area Manager Jobs in Kenya
- You have over 2 years of experience directly managing a team to achieve targets
- You have experience managing a branch or multiple branches is a plus
- You are able to act as a liaison across multiple teams
- You have skills in leading implementation of systems or operations
- You love people and would love and would enjoy working with Branch Managers, all the staff under them as well as patients (even the crying babies)
- You are eager to work for a young and rapidly growing company
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.