is a major humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects.
JOB SUMMARY & PURPOSE:
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Support the CSC facilitators to conduct Community Scorecard dialogues in 20 facility catchment areas
- To mentor and supervise PET groups members on community mobilization and street outreaches and ensure implementation of work plans are followed and achieved.
- Coordinate follow up of SAA dialogue sessions and submit reports on the progress
- Participate orientation sessions and trainings of community structures such as PET groups, Birth Companions and Community Units
- To participate in CSC, SAA and Birth Companions review meetings and submit timely reports and work plans
- To participate in writing monthly and quarterly program reports.
- Document any best practices during the implementation phase.
- Support CSC roll out and submit reports complete with all phases indicated and achievements outlines:
a) List of priority health issues identified
b) Prioritization of issues together and scorecards
c) An action plan developed from the prioritized issues – agreed/negotiated action plan
d) Agreed upon responsibilities for activities in the action plan and set time frames for the activities
e) List of committee members to follow up the agreed upon issues
Organize and coordinate scorecard implementation across the 6 Sub Counties and document any impact/positive changes that come up in the 22 facilities as a result of scorecard dialogues.
Follow up and conduct spot checks on the PET groups performances, Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Follow up, conduct sport checks and submit quarterly reports on the SAA dialogues
- The incumbent is based in Bungoma County.
- Degree/Diploma in community health, ICT, community development, counseling or other related social science discipline
- At least 3 years working on community development work
- Extensive experience in training and background in Community Scorecard
- Work experience in an international organization is an advantage;
3. Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to organize and facilitate trainings in a cross-cultural setting. Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Analytical skills: Proven writing and analytical skills; ability to initiate innovative approaches and originality at work; sound analytic, conceptual and strategic thinking;
- People Skills: Proven ability for team-working and multi-tasking; resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation; Ability to provide leadership and strategic guidance to team. Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills in English. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer Skills: Basic computing skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Preferably skills related to virtual network communication using the Internet.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE's core values and humanitarian principles.Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under difficult circumstances.
go to method of application »
The scope of work includes:-
Support mail connectivity needs of end-users within the region post Office 365 migration. This includes
Reset user passwords
Help users setup Ms. Outlook on their computers
Troubleshoot Ms. Outlook connectivity problems
- Manage the online incidence tracker
- Update distribution lists
- Identify, document, escalate and track email address mismatch incidences
- Escalate any unresolved incidences to the MISS 2. Liaise with procurement to track equipment order list for CO’s
- Log and track all incidences raised by CO IT leads
- Offer first line support to CO’s on mail and network connectivity related issues
- Track CO compliance with corporate AV roll-out.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- Hardware and network certifications e.g. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
- 2- 3 years of work experience in a busy environment supporting end-users in resolving connectivity problems ranging from LAN access incidences, mail issues, printing issues
- Experience in troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience in administering Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Experience working with people from multi-cultural backgrounds
- Honest and of high integrity
- Excellent communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to us through the links provided.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply