MarketShare Associates (MSA) is a socially-driven global consulting firm committed to creating, implementing and measuring innovative economic development programming. We take a collaborative approach to working with businesses, development agencies, and donors who seek to catalyze improvement in market systems and empower people to take advantage of economic opportunities across Latin America, Africa and Asia. We work with the private sector (e.g., McKinsey & Company, KPMG, PWC), bilateral and multilateral funders (e.g., International Finance Corporation, DFID, USAID), and NGOs (e.g., Aga Khan Foundation, TechnoServe, CARE) to achieve impact across three key practice areas:
• The team leader should have at least 10 years’ experience and be based in East Africa.
• Education qualification of at least a Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Economics or relevant Social Sciences.
• Based in East Africa with strong understanding of the local and regional context.
• In-depth knowledge of private sector development and trade with demonstrated experience in working on similar assignments involving private sector development and market systems.
• Demonstrated experience of using evaluations as a tool for lesson-learning both during programme implementation and beyond.
• Strong communication skills - being strategic as well as able to communicate complex studies and findings to non-technical people.
• Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive relationships tactfully and productively. Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to work flexibly with donors, partner countries, private sector entities.
• Experience of designing and undertaking evaluations of multi-component development programmes, using mixed methods approaches that meet recognised standards for credibility and rigor.
• Strong analytical, data validation and quality assurance skills.
• Strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of different designs and how to interpret and present findings accurately to both researchers and non-researchers.
• Understanding of poverty reduction pathways, social inclusion and gender issues in programming.
• Ability to prioritize and deliver high quality work within tight timelines and with minimal supervision.
Reporting directly to MSA Principal Consultant, the Evaluation Team Leader will provide approximately 14-21 days of input over a period of approximately 4 months. Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and 1-2 page cover letter to email@example.com