Armada Human Capital
offers dynamic human capital management solutions engineered to ensure success through understanding unique needs, harnessing fresh talent and enhancing performance.
Summary: Our Client is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to join their growing team, and to become a collaborative and important member of the organization’s team.
- Keeping the CEO abreast of upcoming issues, meetings and deadlines– The person will always be with the CEO on the field or in the office
- Ensuring proper follow-up of actions required
- Maintain record of updated formats for program performance reports.
- Organize regular visits to the field. Document and facilitate proper follow up after each visit
- Financials: Oversee the bookkeeping of finances related to the CEO expenses
- Work in collaboration with the senior management team in monitoring grant performance to ensure compliance with the terms, conditions and time lines of awards
- Meetings with clientele on behalf of CEO (when required)
- Strategic brainstorming on creative ideas for the organization
- Daily update meetings with the CEO and the Special Advisor to the CEO
- Be able to work overtime and on standby
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the CEO and the Special Advisor to the CEO
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- 2-5 years working experience in a similar role
- Diploma or degree in a related field
- Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills
- Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people you shall work with
- Proficiency in writing proposal and reports in English.
- Research: Ability to conduct in depth research for both individuals and foundations to better prepare the CEO for meetings
- Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
Job Purpose: The Finance Manager role is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
He/she is responsible for directing financial activities such as financial planning and budgeting, payment and investments.
The Finance Manager also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting and investment activities of our client.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, cash flow statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensure effective management of school revenue including debtors.
- Perform tax planning work.
- Maximize return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Provide administrative support in the area of supplier and utility payments and insurances
- Receive, record, and authorise requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Compute, withhold, and account for all payroll deductions.
- Handle all aspects of employee insurance and benefits including monitoring changes in health insurance and social security regulations and creating budgets for benefits and worker’s compensation.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organisational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Provide status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data in the form of regular annual and term management reports and financial statements
- Analyse the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Advise the board and management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Monitor, evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties, recommending and implementing HR actions, such as training, coaching, promotions and dismissals in consultation with human resources.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organisational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilisation of financial resources.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Evaluate need for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with national legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advise management of actions and potential risks.
- Maintain current knowledge of organisational policies and procedures, relevant international, national and county government policies and directives, and current international and local accounting standards.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of our client’s accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ensure effective administration of the pension scheme in the role of Secretary to the scheme.
- Maintain shareholder’s records, correspondence, share registers
- Provide board secretarial services.
- Member of the Senior Management Team
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and financial management (or equivalent) from a recognized university
- Full CPA-K qualifications
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- 8-10 years of relevant and cumulative job experience gained from a similar institution or service oriented institution.
- Good knowledge of administration and management
- Strategic mindset and skills
- Knowledge of economics and accounting
- Good working knowledge of relevant statutory and tax regulations
- Financial planning and budgeting skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in working in a computerized environment and of computerized accounting packages
- Ability to train non finance managers in basic financial management
- Resourceful and resilient
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.